RELEASING FEAR: RECEIVING POWER, LOVE AND A SOUND MIND.

God does not give to us the spirit of fear,
 but God does give to us the spirit of
 power, love and a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7
 
 

God is a giving God. James tells us that "every good and perfect gift comes down from the father of the light."  There are also things that people say that God gives us that He does not give us at all.  When bad things happen to good people,   many times they credit God as the source of the badness.  I don't think that this  is correct; for example, sometimes people go through a pattern of being anxious or afraid. Then they say, "I don't know why God is doing this to me." This has always puzzled me because God is a loving heavenly father; why would a loving heavenly father place fear on His child? Fear is certainly NOT "a good and perfect gift."

The fact of the matter is that God is not giving them that spirit of fear; nevertheless, because they believe God is giving it to them, the fear becomes more intense, and it continues. It makes little difference to them that the fear could come from multiple sources. This pattern could be learned.  It could come from a life of abuse.  It could come from hormonal things. The list goes on. Whatever the source, because they blame God, a faith factor is added.  It is their faith factor (how they believe what they believe)  that is the contributing factor which produces more fear. In other words,  they are focusing on the very thing that continues fostering fear. So, if it is "God's fault" they have a REAL problem because they may think they are battling God.

So,  here is a question: How can a person change that focus?  We do so by meditating upon God's Ancient Wisdom that served centuries of generations well.  One way I do this is to simply sit comfortably in a chair... breath deeply and slowly...be sit still  and say (softly and slowly) "God does not give to me the spirit of fear. I release this fear" I may say this several times,  while I relax and breathe in and out deeply. As I do this, I imagine the fear leaving my body. I actually release it, while I exhale.

 The next thing I do  is focus  on what I do have; therefore (while continuing the relaxing slow breathing),  I say, "God gives to me power, love, and God gives to me a sound mind. I open my heart up to receive power, love, and a sound mind." I do this several times while relaxing in the chair...again breathing deeply. Remember, when God breathed that first breath of life, the recipient of that breath became a living soul... so will you as you practice that breathing of Holy breath.

One important thing that I do is whisper these words softly so that I can hear them.  Why do I do this?   I whisper them like this  because the Ancient Wisdom of God teaches that "faith comes by hearing the word of God." Repeatedly speaking God's truth out loud...even in a whisper... builds faith and gives me strength. 

Why not give this spiritual exercise a try?
 
Then...
 Be blessed today… Especially today!
 
SoJourner

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS