The Walking 72 Year Old Miracle, Who Shouldn't Be Here: What's the secret?

 Hi,

I guess you might call me a walking miracle: At least, my Primary Care Doctor, and my Cardiologist think so. A couple of years ago, I asked my Cardiologist, given I have Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease and Congestive Heart Failure, "What is my prognosis?" He shook his head, turned to look at me, and he said, "You don't have one!" He reviewed my history, and he said, "With all you have gone through, you should have lived only 5 years, but you are still here." Then he said, take each day as a  gift." I chuckled. He asked me, "What are you laughing about." I told him, "You all have been telling me this for 22 years."  It's now 23 years.

Wow! What's the secret? The secret is I daily turn this body over to the Lord, and I offer it as a living sacrifice to the Lord, and I do so every single day of my life. (See Romans 12:1-2) You see, this body doesn't belong to me. It is the Temple of The Holy Spirit. See 1st Corinthians 3:16.  I let God have me each day, and when He is finished using me for His glory, then I will graduate to glory. I also practice the spiritual practices of Roman 13:11-14. You can check this passage out for yourself. Based on this I cloth myself in Christ, and I do this by the spiritual practices of Ephesians 6:10-20.  I hold tightly, no matter what my emotions say, to the supernatural promise of Isaiah 53:5.  I embrace the whole promise. As a matter of fact, I embrace all of God's promises because God's word is true.  By the way, I also take prescribed meds, eat right, sleep right, drink right, and I live right ... all by the grace of God.

So, here I am. I am living a very good life, which is the full life Jesus said he would give me.  And as I do so, let me tell you one more thing: One day God is going to call me home.  As a prepared man, who is prepared ONLY because of all that my Savior and Lord Jesus accomplished.  I surrendered, by faith in Him; therefore, He is going to receive me at His custom made place that He has prepared for me. Some call this place a mansion. Some call it a room. Based on how Jesus describes it, I call this a custom made dwelling. See John 14:1-6. Yes, this body will have died, unless Jesus comes back first. I will be buried. Most likely the pathologist will say, "He died of unstable angina pectoris," or some other related heart malady. But let me be clear. I will not be dead!  I will not have a sick heart or any other illness. Why? Because I will be more alive, healthy, holy and strong than I ever have been on planet earth this side of eternity. And to me this is a miracle!  So, that's my secret, and I am sticking to it.

Blessing on you today, Christ Followers.

SoJourner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS