Intimacy With God: Part #1






Psalm 139: 1-6

"O Lord, you have searched me, and you know me: You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out, and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in -- behind me and before me --Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to grasp."

TRUE  AUTHENTIC INTIMACY

Intimacy, true intimacy, not the stuff defined by, or with sexual passion, but the intimacy of truly knowing and being in a relationship with someone, is the heart cry of every human being. God created us for it. And this  eternal, authentic, and  experiential  relationship -- with God-- is here for all to have, if we but open our hearts to the true and living God, our Creator, through His Son, Jesus, who is the Christ.

What Does Authentic Intimacy (God Intimacy) Look Like?

In this first part of IWG (Intimacy With God) we are going to see 7 things that characterizes God's intimate relationship  with you and me. This is how God experiences, or knows, us:

  1. God has searched us through and through.
  2. He absolutely knows you and me. The word "Know" can also mean he "Experiences" us.
  3. God is aware of our activity, and is completely familiar with our actions.
  4. God knows our thoughts that we are thinking.
  5. The Creator, before we speak, knows exactly what we are going to say.
  6. The Almighty protects us. He hems us in, "behind and before."
  7. It's no wonder such intimacy is considered "wonderful" or "wonder filled." That is mind boggling for mere humans to comprehend: It's "too lofty to grasp."
How Do You Personally Know God? 

  1. How to you view God? 
  2. How to you "know" Him? 
  3. How do you experience Him? 
  4. As God lovingly graciously searches you, do you know He sent His Son to die for you? 
  5. Do you know He took your punishment for sin ... conquered Hell, death and the gave for you? 
  6. Do you know He, Jesus, rose again from the dead, and He did it for you?
  7. Do you know God wants an intimate, vital and loving relationship with you?
This Is Not Just A Religion.

Dear one, please know, as Christ Followers, we are not talking about a religion. We are talking about a relationship -- a daily with God: And it is a relationship, from here, throughout eternity, where we never ever have to walk alone. It's a relationship where our Creator gives us eternal life (an everlasting life shared with God) through faith in His Son, Jesus. It's a relationship with the only one who is truly "Awesome;" therefore, please don't just muddle through life. Please! Become intimate with the one who knows all there is to know about you.

Stay tuned. God bless you, and Go With God ... KNOW GOD.

SoJourner



Comments

  1. Thanks Al, a good reminder for us old crusty Christians and important for the new ones.

    God Bless

    Dan Jones

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS