Shepherd's Promise #11 The Promise of Being Followed.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the day's of my life.
 
 
When I looked at how the Hebrew of this Shepherd promise is written, I had difficulty giving the #11 a title; for example, the Hebrew for the word "Surely"  literally can be translated. "There is no doubt."  Keep in mind this man has had enough stuff in his life that has threatened his life; yet, once again he comes out with a determined expectancy. "There is not doubt that good things, and God's mercy will be tagging along behind me, when I need it."  So I wanted to call it the "NO Doubt Promise."
 
 
Then I listen to the Hebraic view, when it talks about "goodness and mercy."  Here a number of words can replace these two.  Other potential candidate words that could also be used are: "kindness, benevolence, love, favor, faithfulness..." and the list goes on.. "Will follow me all the days of my life." So I wanted to call it "Present Life's Gifts" promise.  Words/experiences of wonder are things about which this writer has no doubt they will accompany him through this side of eternity.
 
 
But the fact of the matter is that, however you look at this beautiful Shepherd's promise, there is NO doubt that the Good Shepherd is going to make sure that the peep sheep is going to be okay, no matter how things turn out in this life.  He is not alone.
 
 
So, if you like, why not pick whatever name you want for #11.  Just be sure you make it your statement of faith.  Let God give you the grace to have NO doubt about it.
 
 
Then you will
Be Blessed 2day
Especially 2day
 
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS