KEEPING SHORT LISTS

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as 
God IN Christ has also forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

One of my growing edges as a SoJourner is related to this passage of scripture.  Having seen some bad stuff in my life I started to become hardened.  When someone struck out at me, I would strike back as quickly as possible.  Then I would regret it, awfulize about it and worry over things about which I could and can do nothing.  Yup! It is real healthy to do this.  (I don't think so :o(  BTW, did I mention I have had a few heart attacks over the years?  Long lists of gunny sacking grudges... it is not worth it.

There is a better way:  Learn to keep short lists.  If you or I do not let people off the hook, we are hooked to them and the past, and that just means continued pain.  Don't know about you, but I am NOT into pain.  Why not just stop the pain? Why not grieve what has happened, and let go and let God? 

HMMMM?  Stopping the pain?  What a concept. Let IT go and let God take control through Jesus HIS Son.  Is that not what HE did for us?  Did HE not let us off the hook?  Did HE not bear our pain?

Here is the bottom line:  We do not forgive people merely for THEIR sake.... not at all. We do so for OUR sakes so we can be free.  That's what God is talking about.  We have been forgiven.  Why not do the same.  

If you truly know this truth, it will set you free, and then you will be ...

Blessed 2day ... Especially 2day.
SoJourner
PS.  I do hope you have time to take time to watch the videos 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS