FACING A DECISION Part One Of 2 Parts



Psalm 25:4 NIV

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths

In today's jouney thoughts, I would like to share with you 5 questions, from Dr. Neil Anderson (Freedom In Christ Ministries, that  you'll want to ask yourself when you're faced with a decision. These 5 represent moral issues and godly wisdom that will give you some stuff to be enough, if you prayerfully/carefully give them consideration. Later I will talk about 5 more.  Anyway, hang on because here we go:

Have you prayed about it?
Prayer was never intended to be a fourth-down punting situation in which we ask God to bail us out of our hasty decisions. Prayer is intended to be a first-down huddle. Proverbs 3:5-6 would be your best play to call in this game of choice making.  It is not a good idea to ask God to bless our plans. It is best to ask God to guide you and reveal HIS plans more than it is is bless your limited perspective choices.

Is it consistent with the Word of God?
In American culture, ignorance of God's Word is no excuse since resources abound. You might want to consider investing in a Concordance (A big ole book to help you locate stuff in the Bible)  a Bible dictionary, a topical Bible, a good commentary, and an NIV Thompson's Chain Reference Bible, that you will learn to utilize effectively. Get ready to learn:o)

Can I do it and be a positive Christian witness?

A seminary student asked his professor about a job for which he wanted to apply.  It would take care of his financial needs, but he had some reservations concerning the sales pitch he was required to use. The wise Prof asked him if he could use the sales technique and be a positive witness for Christ. He didn't take the job.

Will the Lord be glorified?
A good question to ask:  Can I do this and give glory to God? In doing it, would I be glorifying God in my body? Am I seeking the glory of a human being or the glory of God? Am I doing this to be noticed by humanity or am I seeking to please the Lord?

Am I acting responsibly?
God doesn't bail us out of our irresponsibility. We really do reap what we sow.  Just like apple seeds sown eventually give us apple trees, bad choices reap us a harvest of pain.  But when we are faithful in little things, He will put us in charge of greater things. Don't get ahead of God's timing or you will be over your head in responsibilities. Seek to develop your life and message, and God will expand your ministry.



Prayer: Dear Lord, help me take a good, hard look at these questions and then avoid at all costs any compromise with Your will in my life today.

Okay.  You know what I wish for you next:

Be Blessed 2day ... Especially 2day
SoJourner




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS