The "Everything" Stepping Stone For Victorious Christ Centered Living #6

 


Imagine your having a conversation with Jesus, and you would like Him to sum up a whole lot of what is important, in His life changing teachings, in as few a words as possible. How many words would be enough to satisfy you query? Ten? Fifteen? Twenty? Thirty --- A Hundred? Well, according to Matthew 7:12, Jesus accomplishes, what I am calling the "Everything" Stepping Stone For Victorious Christ Centered Living in less than one dozen words. Check this out:

So, in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. For this sums up the Law and the Prophets
Matthew 7:12

The Everything Principle

Jesus is clear in His first three words: "So, in everything." Now, for all the modernist that don't like absolutes, this is absolutely an absolutely clear absolute: This transformational wisdom for godly victorious living, that is less than a dozen words, is giving us instructions for eternal life living. And this is something we are to embrace come what may, everyday, day or night, and in every situation. What Jesus is telling us is vital ancient wisdom that we are to receive, and practice until we assimilate it as a governing principle for our everyday lives. He isn't say, "Do this when you feel like it." He isn't saying, "Do this if you want to." He isn't saying, Do this some of the time or part of the time." Indeed, He is telling us to make this a part of our life, and practice this spiritual practice until it becomes a part of our daily DNA. This is a life giving everyday, and in everyway, of denying ourselves, taking up the Cross, and following Jesus along His Stepping Stones for Victorious Christ Centered Living.

Just Eleven Words

What could possibly be so important? It's only 11 words: After telling us to make this an everything priority, He says, "Do to others what you would have them do to you." Now, this sounds simple, and it can be, once the grace of God is through with us, and we practice carrying out this stepping stone consistently and daily. Did you catch that? If we want to be a doer of the word, and if we want to actually experience rock-solid living in this quicksand world, we have to be intentional about doing this.

Knee Jerk Reactions Won't Work:

 I don't think knee jerk reactions to life will do. But actually stopping,  when we get to decide how to be, and what to do, under certain circumstances, we stop and we ask ourselves, "How do I want to be treated?" Then based on that answer, as the Holy Spirit guides, and as He gives us grace,  act accordingly.  Just do it: Do to others what we would want done to ourselves.

Why? 

Now, when I was a child, and I was given instructions, I got into trouble with teachers, older influencers, and even my parents, when I asked the one word question "Why?" Well, asking it here isn't going to get you into any trouble. I say this because Jesus gives us the eternal important answer to this question. Here is the answer from the very Son of God:

For this sums up the law and the prophets.

Yep! When we practice this ancient wisdom, and when we make it a part of our everyday lives, we do so because this eleven word "Golden Rule" sums up everything Moses, and every single prophet of God, in what we call the Old Testament, are hoping to get God's people to do. WOW! Moses the Law Giver wanted this? YES? Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micha, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, and few more Prophets of God also pointed to this godly way of living.   If you want to know what is God's will on how to treat others, you have it right here in Matthew 7:12.  This certainly, would please God. Not only that, but if everyone of us made this a vital part of our lives, wouldn't the world be a much better place? Yes it would.

Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, 
I want to be who you want me to be.
I want to daily walk on your stepping stones for victorious Christ Centered Living.
I thank you for this "Golden Rule".
I am determined, with your help, to practice this practice.
I am determined to make a habit of this everything principle.
As I abide in Jesus, and He abides in me ... 
As you prune me as a part of the vineyard,
Let your Spirit flow through me giving me power to be the person you want me to be:
Please, help me be a person who treats people the way I want to be treated.
Help me to do this consistently.
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS