An Odd Way To Experience God's Will

 A Lot Has Happened

A lot has happened in my life over the past year or so. My CHF has come to a point where my medical professionals tell me that they advise me to take each day as a gift.  Throughout each day, my heart reminds me I am in a not so feeling good place; however, I have discovered God's will in this. I have discovered that what Paul said about this is absolutely true: God told him, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:8b) What God told Paul, though it seems an odd way to discover God's will, is that it is indeed God's will that the Almighty empowers us, even at our most weak points in life. We just have to choose to allow His power to flow. This allows me, each gift of a new day, to live a full life in spite of what the medical professionals indicate is  a "death sentence."  I may go home to heaven today. May God's will be done; meanwhile, I choose to live.

Even The Chinese Produced Virus -- AKA Covid-19

I have heard and seen a lot happen during this Chinese produced virus pandemic.  I have heard people talk about so many doubts and fears they have. As I have watched the news, and observed the panic of many, I feel odd about this, but very happy. Why? I do so because, all throughout this pandemic, no matter what has happened, God proved Himself to be true when he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness;" therefore, because TLOML and I were at peace, while others seemed to be struggling inordinately, we had, and we still have peace.  God's promise is still true, even in the middle of a global pandemic. Yes, God's miracle of grace is to empower His people, including me, when we are spent, and when we have nothing left. We just have to focus on God, His promises, and yield our lives to Him one day at a time.

My Sister Died

My sister, who is just older than me, died unexpectedly. She was, atleast we thought she was, the picture of health. All of our family suffered, especially the children and the grandchildren. They still do. This required twenty-six hours of total of driving to and from Alabama, as well as all the additional driving. I had multiple symptoms from the Congestive Heart Failure, and this even occurred right in the middle of the memorial service. I did not let anyone know; nevertheless, once again, God's promise was true, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."  We made the trip. We did the best we could to represent Jesus and His ability help people to walk with He who is the "Good Shepherd," while "walking through the valley of the shadow of death." And we returned home continuing in God's wonder filled empowering grace.

TLOML Became ILL and Was Hospitalized

Vicki became very ill. I gladly took her to the Emergency Room at Lakeland Regional Health. For a time, in the ER, I was allowed to stay with her most of the day, but the difficulty came when she was admitted into the hospital, and because of protocols developed during this Chinese produced Pandemic, I wasn't allowed to go with her into her room. She required surgery, and of course, the surgery had complications. I was not allowed to see her before surgery. I actually had virtually NO time with her, except for a brief time when she was anesthetically not present. This went on for a few days. This was challenging, to say the least; however, God's will was done. He proved, once again, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."  Friend, His supernatural power does INDEED work best at our weakest point. But I think we must allow it. He will not force His grace on anyone.

A Friend Died

My son in law's Dad died. TLOML and I did all we could to support the family. TLOML cared for the boys, and while I was grieving myself, and more than once, my heart was sad, I simply practiced the "Ministry of Presence." I simply was present for my son in law. I was there for my daughter. And I was present, in the church, for Lynne and the family. I needed God's grace to be able to even sit through the service. The memorial was well done, and my heart was sad. I grieved and cried quietly,  but God was, and is still so very good. I hope just being present made a difference. Maybe so? Maybe not? Yet, I discovered again the truth of God's word: "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." This wiped both TOLML and myself completely out, but the beauty of all this was/is that "God is always our refuge and strength our present help in time of need," (Psalm 46:!) Once again, in our weakness, God, through the Lord Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, made us strong.

Now Our Son (Son In Law)

Now our son in law is gravely ill. Our daughter is feeling overwhelmed. Our little grandsons grieve, and they are concerned for their Daddy. I have failed miserably in my support, and my well meaning words caused more harm than help. TLOML is the only one who can seem to help. This leaves me, the prayer warrior, doing what I know is best. This could be absolutely overwhelming because, while Scott is not my son, he is far better to me than our own son.  Indeed, Scott and Rachael allow us to be grandparents to these special little boys God gave us. Grace and Jack also grant us this beautiful God given privilege. Needless to say, Scott  and Jack, who feel a bit like sons,  are very important to this old man whose been told his heart has failed and is failing. No they are not my biological sons, but if anything happens to them, it will be another grace challenge.

I will say this again:  God's word will continue to be unequivocally, absolutely abundantly and eternally true, as He states the following regarding God's perfect will:  My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." I don't know how many times I have to say this about God's will; however, I will say this as clearly as I possibly can. This promise about how God's Will works is T-R-U-E!!!!!

Your Challenge

I don't know what you are going through. You may be challenged by health issues. You may have had a family member die. You may have lost a job. You may have a spouse or other family member who is ill. The Chinese produced Pandemic protocols may be keeping you away from your loved one in the hospital. You may be in danger of losing your home. You may be challenged by horrific pain of being an abandoned grandparent or parent. Your child/children, or grandchildren, may be facing challenges that they have no idea how to be. I don't know your circumstances, but I do know this. God's Word is 100% true, when He says, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." I say to you surrender to God's grace. Trust the Creator, God, whose Son is Jesus. Let go of tomorrow and let go of yesterday. Live one day at a time. Get focused on living fully just today.  Let go and let God apply His all empowering grace towards you. If you can do this, you will be glad you did. Yes, this is an odd way to know God's will, but I will tell you that, if you can experience God and His grace, as God wants you to experience, you will certainly have a better quality of life NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

Your Brother In Christ,

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS