God, You, Prayer and Hurricanes

Hurricanes: Getting A Reputation

Image result for picture of a hurricane
Matthew 8:23-27

I am a man who sincerely believes God still rules the winds and the waves, even in Hurricane Season; therefore, as they start coming our way, I start praying. In the 2004 hurricane season, I did not do so, and we were soaked badly with 4 Hurricanes: They are named Ivan, Charley, Jeanne and Frances. I simply said, “I don’t feel like praying about this.”  BIG Mistake!  I have learned my lesson! Last year, when we were threatened by a particular hurricane, I produced videos teaching people how to pray during a hurricane. Many people were amazed how God responded, and the hurricane responded, to the way people sincerely prayed. This week, I prayed a few brief prayers regarding Isaias, and it has responded to the very hand of God. I am fairly certain, I am not the only one who prayed; nevertheless, I have gotten a bit of a reputation, given I have been practicing this spiritual practice since the late 1980s, and because of the results; yet, I can assure you, I have very little to do with the outcome. It really is a God thing.

How To Pray Regarding Hurricanes

See the source image
Mark 4:35-41

Here is a question. How may we best pray during hurricane season, especially when one is bearing down on us? Well, a hurricane needs warm water (at least 80 degrees fahrenheit.)

  1.  So, pray that a high pressure system will move the hurricane north and out to sea. It will weaken quickly in the cooler water. I have seen this happen a lot.
  2. Pray for upper level disturbances. This weakens the storm.
  3. Pray for dry air to move in. This too weakens the storm.
  4. Pray for high level vertical wind shear. This tends to weaken and break the storm up.
  5.  Finally pray for it to hit low populated land masses that are already in the storms track. My preference is no population land masses. Contact with land keeps the water out of the base of the storm, and it really can weaken the storm.
  6. Pray in “Jesus Name.” For it is Jesus, who is Lord of all, and who has been given all authority in Heaven and on the earth. 
  7. Finally, remember that God is in control, and He knows the big picture; therefore, I always acknowledge, “Lord I understand you can tell me no. May thy will be done.” So far God answers these prayers in the affirmative.

Your Challenge

See the source image
Luke 8:22-25

 I challenge you to pray with me this hurricane season. I challenge you to believe that God does indeed rule the wind and the waves. Let’s do our part and trust God to do HIS part: I challenge you to use the prayer guide above. I challenge you to be serious in your praying and pray effectively and fervently.  Then, see what God does. You will be glad you did, and so will a whole bunch of other people.

Keep on praying Saints. Work with the Creator to be a Hurricane Chaser.

God Bless You.

Chaplain Al McGowen
Aka SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS