Ancient Proverb #2

In All Your Ways Submit To God
And He will Direct Your Path.Proverbs 3:6 (NIV)


As we continue along our journey in making  eternal life wise choices, we certainly need to follow the plan of yesterday's blog, and  trust in the Lord, as well as not limit our choices to our mere point of view. Now, if we really choose to be wise, we must certainly give this verse 6, of these God guidance proverbs, prayerful and careful consideration. If we really want Divine guidance,  we must be "all in." And we must be submissive to have the miracle of Ancient Wisdom guiding and directing our lives. What are we saying here?  Well, that is a good question. In all our ways, that means leaving none out, we have only one responsibility. That responsibility is to submit to God.  Or as the KJV says, "In all your ways acknowledge Him." That is we need to simply ask God what God thinks, and we need to ask Him for His help and guidance. Keep in mind how much greater is His perception than ours. Also keep in mind that we have less anxiety in planning like this (1 Peter 5:7)

35K Along The Way

According to Psychology Today "Some sources today suggest that the average person makes and eye-popping 35,000 choices per day. Assuming that most people spend around seven hours per day sleeping, and thus blissfully choice-free, that makes roughly 2,000 decisions per hour, or one decision every two seconds." Wow! I don't know if this is true, but I do know that I make a whole lot of choices in the day; therefore, whatever the number is, it's clear that there is a whole lot of choosing going on, and one choice can sometimes make a day fantastic. Conversely, another choice can foul up everything, and it can have far reaching implications that are anything but fantastic. What's a person to do?

Do It All At Once.

Given the magnitude of the number of choices we make, and the impact our choices have on each new day, wisdom has taught me to do it all at once. Say what? Each day, I start out the day practicing the spiritual practices of (1.) Trusting  (2.) Not Leaning (3.) Acknowledging, and then (4.) watching God work throughout the day. Or as the wisdom we have examined these last couple of days would say, I daily trust in the Lord, with all my heart. I intentionally start out the day not resting my plans just on my little human viewpoint. I ask the Lord, as I acknowledge Him, to lead me in the path of righteousness for His name sake. I put the whole day in His hands before I start doing anything. Amazingly, many days unfold in surprising  serendipitous ways. Sometimes I don't understand what is going on, but in my trust in Him, I find things work out very well in the long run. In the short run, I may get caught off guard, but the limited unbalance is eventually short lived.

Giving God each new day this way, gives life an eternal quality and a balanced way to live.

Be Blessed Today ... Especially Today.

SoJourner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS