An Advent Blog About The Interesting Death Defying (Life Giving) Advent of 2019)

ADVENT = COMING

I don't know about all of you, but Advent has been really interesting? Do you know what I mean? Maybe you do. Maybe you don't.  For Vicki and me,  it has been interesting. I say this because we have faced some significant challenges that could very easily have gotten us to stop being focused on the ONE -- Jesus-- who came about 2000+ years ago, comes to us today, who wants to come into our hearts and lives to give us life to the full, and who  will come again. Yes, Advent does mean "Coming;" Yet, so much has happened to us, that it could have been difficult for us to even know we are coming or going... much less be focused on someone else's coming.

For Example

For example, I have been sick. I am not talking about a head cold. I am talking about a, "my candle wick of life is coming to a flicker" kind of sick.  I am talking about a sick where my medical teams have made it clear that I have outlived my life expectancy kind of sick. I am talking about a sick that brought me to where I could not walk across the room kind of sick. I am talking about a kind of sick where my blood indices were NOT normal. I'm talking about a sick that caused my body to swell, and my lungs to fill with fluids kind of sick. Yup! This season of Advent -- of HIS Coming -- had me feeling like Jesus was calling me to HIM to our Heavenly Home.

What Makes This So Interesting?

So, what makes this so interesting?  Good question. You see, all through this period of time, the Lord has been faithful, and He has come to me, and He has come to my wife. He has been  our refuge. He has been our strength. He has been our present help in time of need.  He never left us. He never forsook us.  He was/is always with us. And He CAME to us, and has been right in the midst of this cardiovascular storm, every step of the way.  He has been with us when I could NOT even take many of those aforementioned steps.

H.O.P.E     F.A.I.T.H      P.E.A.C.E 

As our first week of Advent taught this year, He gave/gives us H.O.P.E.  We have traveled through these days Holding On Promises Eternal. God's Word has been more real to us than ever! We have also traveled through these days in F.A.I.T.H.  Both Vicki and I really believe we each individually, and together,  say that we Fully Accept I Trust In Him. Just as importantly, we walk in P.E.A.C.E.  We Pray Expecting Almighty Controls Everything. When you are a person of prayer, and you believe that the Almighty God controls everything, this H.O.P.E. of F.A.I.T.H, really does bring a life giving P.E.A.C.E.  

This Causes Something Special To Happen.

Something special has happened:  As hope filled, faith filled, peace filled people, we find our Lord Jesus actually has come to us, and He abides with us. I have others say things like, "This is horrible." However, it is nothing of the kind. When we journey like this, we find miracles do occur. We find the Lord present with us all the way. Fear runs away, and the power of God rests on us. We don't fret over the outcome, but we do walk one day at a time with our Lord, and this is really special indeed. It's a special kind of healing.

So, why don't you let the LORD take over. Live one day at a time. Live by H.O.P.E. Live by F.A.I.T.H and walk in P.E.A.C.E.  Something special just might happen to you as well.

Y'all be blessed.

SoJourner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS