Looking With Elation For A Heavenly Destination???

But our citizenship is in heaven,
and we eagerly await a Savior from there,
the Lord Jesus Christ!
Philippians 3:20



As one who served in the U.S. military for a lengthy career, I was blessed to see many places, and serve the Lord in multiple spaces, throughout the northern hemisphere, of Planet Earth. Arriving in countries, and locations unfamiliar to me, was challenging; however, I always did my best to learn all I could about the other cultures in order to be able to be apart of the citizenry of those nation states. As Christ Ambassador, I knew & Know that I was/am a Citizen of Heaven. I also am a Citizen of The United States of America. Traveling all over the world made me realize how blessed we are in this country, and it helped me understand why people --by the millions -- flock here to become Citizens. In those far away places America was a heaven like dream. But in reality, the good ole USA, does not come close in comparison to our ultimate citizenship.

Now, I am older, and those great travels are but a memory, but now I think more and more about my ultimate home that is not made by human hands. It is a place, of perfection, crafted by the Creator -- and sustainer -- of all that is. As the song says, "I can only imagine" what that place will be like. As a matter of fact, the Bible says of this place, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, and the human mind has not conceived of the things God has prepared for those who love Him."  (1 Corinthians 2:9) But then the writer adds that there is a way to grasp the authentic Heavenly vision: "These things God has revealed to us by His Spirit, for the Spirit searches the deep things of God!"  (1 Corinthians 2:10) Yes, we can actually inwardly spiritually visualize this Holy, Heavenly and Sacred home through our spirits connecting with God's Holy Spirit! "It's a God Thing Honey!"

Each time I returned to the USA from my travel, I was elated and overjoyed. Folks, heaven is a real place! And you can talk about all the "pearly gates" and gold and silver, and such.  However, what gets me going, what makes me to be overjoyed,  is what Paul said at the end of our scripture at the top of this blog. I eagerly await a Savior, my Savior! This makes Heaven sweeter still!

What about you? Are you a citizen of Heaven? What do you think about the eternal place of heavenly space? Are you looking for THE Savior? Are you looking for YOUR Savior? Are you certain you are going to a citizenship place prepared just for you? Are you certain, with elation, of your Heavenly destination?

SoJourner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS