Crying and Boycotting The NFL


Hi Christ-Followers,


This may seem like a bit of different blog today; however, I guess I was triggered when I read something about those boycotting the NFL were "crying." As a retired Veteran, I firmly believe each person has the right to express themselves; at least we do so in the USA. So, I am in no way saying that those opposing my view point should be quiet. And I guess the one thing I do know, is I am going to boycott the NFL because I do feel like a good cry would be in order:

I cry because I buried way too many many military Veterans, more than most, and I buried some friends as well. I cry because I have watched those flags come off those coffins and be folded and handed to grieving spouses. I cry because I still remember, and have seen, the horrific wounds of war born by scores of the young 1% of our nation's population. Indeed, if I I am "crying," I am doing so for the families left behind. I am crying for those spouses who no longer have a mate to journey through life with them. I am crying because little boys and girls, of our warriors, no long have a Mom or Dad to help them grow to adulthood. I am crying for those who will bear wounds that destroyed their young bodies and minds, and they will bear those wounds for the rest of their lives. I am crying for their caregiver spouses who sleep very little for the fear their Veteran spouse just might harm themselves. I cry for those who are experiencing sleepless nights due to the nightmares they carry with them from now until they eventually go to their graves. I cry for those little girls and young women who are trafficked as sex-slaves, during the NFL season, especially the superbowl. I cry because of those wives beaten by their two-hundred or even three hundred pound husbands, and no one is held accountable.

Yes, these millionaires who live their lavish lives, have just as much a right to protest what they perceive to a wrong in our society. And I have the right to NOT view any NFL game. I have a right to not watch commercials related to the NFL nor support sponsors of the NFL. And I call on all 22 million Veterans to boycott this sporting venue until the NFL quits slapping Veterans, and their families in the face. I call on all Christians to boycott the NFL until the NFL works diligently to end Sex Trafficking at their games, especially the Super Bowl. I call for a complete Boycott until the NFL allows freedom of expression to Christians like Tim Tebow. And I call for a Christian boycott of the NFL until the NFL consistently holds abusive NFL wife beating players accountable for their terrible crimes against their families.

Respectfully,
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS