The Miracle of Sight

Years ago, I was cutting grass. I noticed a rock close by the lawn mower, and it was almost as if I had heard a voice telling me, "Don't Touch That! " Well I did not listen, and I bent down to retrieve the rock, and apparently another one came flying out from under the lawn more. It hit me squarely on my left eye, and my eyesight faded immediately to white in that eye.  I couldn't see anything through that eye.

My beloved drove me to the "Eye Foundation" hospital in Birmingham where all this story is a matter of record.  When I went into the ER there, I saw a Doctor Turnbull.  He was a part of a team of doctors, Turnbull and McCoy. After he examined me, he told both my wife and me, "be grateful you have one eye." Now that was not encouraging.

I was put in a room with another person who had a similar injury, and he wasn't doing so great. I was trusting in the Lord for whatever outcome, and throughout this I was claiming Romans 8:28 repeatedly. The other guy in the room, did not believe in Jesus, and didn't verbalize any interest in knowing Jesus as Savior, but he did want his eyesight back. Both my eyes were bandaged, by this time, and I couldn't see anything.  All through this, I felt no fear whatsoever.  God was present with me just as he has been with me throughout other hospital stays since that time.

That night a group from a Pentecostal Church, "The Church of God of Prophecy" came into our room. I didn't know what their connection was with the other guy, but I could hear them as they began talking about anointing him with oil, in the name of the Lord, and then I heard them "shake the rafters" in prayer on his behalf. Once they quieted down, I ask them if they would anoint me. They asked, "Do you believe in this?" I told them "No!" "But I do believe in the ONE who is behind all that they are doing." So, I felt the oil being placed on my head, and the rafters in that room began to shake as they prayed so VERY loud once more. I didn't feel anything else.  They left, and I went on to sleep.

The next morning, the other doctor on the team came in to remove my bandages and take a look at my left eye. He examined both eyes, and had a startling strange look on his face.  He said, "You cannot be this patient in my chart." I said, "What name to do you have there?" He quoted my name. And I assured him that I was he.  He examined both eyes, and determined the injured eye actually saw better than the right eye.  He did not know what to make of it.  But I did. 

Once I was blind, but now I see.

SoJourner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS