Hi!
Many folks are anemic in their life's journey because of their lack of daily surrender in Christ. The don't daily practice the spiritual practice(s) of  Armoring up - Powering up - Or Dressing Up.  They take all the time they need in the morning to get ready for the day,  and they put on the appropriate clothing for their day.  Not a one of them would fail to carry out these preparations just to begin the day. After all, it would be down right embarrassing to not get dressed for the day before leaving home. Going out without clothing is NOT an option; however, God gives us THE way to be ready for the facing of the day so that we can be, "Strong in the Lord and in His mighty power," and so that we can "stand against the Devil's schemes," and all too few take the time required to live for the Lord where the Lord blesses.
So, eventually life gets all "messed" up, and folks cry out for God to "bless their mess," when they could have taken a short period of time to have readied themselves for anything they might face throughout the day.  Each one could have taken the time to join what God blesses and then be blessed:  God blesses a person who is strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. God blesses a person who intentionally prepares themselves to be able to stand against the Devil's schemes.
So today, I share with you one of God's spiritual practices for overcoming life's challenges and for being powered up to live.  First, I paraphrase an ancient scripture, and I offer the reader a daily practice that can empower your life: I offer you a prayer to accompany this scripture that you can print out and put in your Bible, on your refrigerator or  take to your workplace.  Or you can save it to your computer, tablet or smartphone. Take time to pray the prayer and check out the scriptures as well.
One other thing: Many times writers use pictorial illustrations of the first century Roman Soldier uniform.  I do my best to use illustrations I can find that are recognizable to the 21st Century Child of God.
So let's get ready to Armor Up, Power Up and Dress Up IN Christ.
SoJourner
The Armor of God Prayer Ephesians 6:11-20
USMC Force Recon:
Fully Armored Up For Battle In The Flesh
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is THE Word of God.
 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
And pray for ALL of us who are Ambassadors of Christ. Pray that each one will be fearless, and that each one will be given the words to boldly share the mystery of The Gospel.  (Paraphrased)
Putting on The Armor of God IS clothing yourself IN Christ.(See Romans 13:12-14)
THE HELMET OF SALVATION:
Image result for show me a picture of a kevlar helmet
 Almighty God, I obey you, and I  put on the Armor of God today, beginning with The Helmet of Salvation; thank you, Lord, for my salvation. I receive it in a new and fresh way from You. And I declare that nothing can separate me now from the love of Christ and the place I shall ever have in Your kingdom. (See John 10:28, Matthew 18:20, Romans 8:38-39, Hebrews 13:5)
THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Image result for Show me a picture of a Kevlar vest on a soldier
Lord, I put on The Breastplate of Righteousness. I wear Your righteousness today against all condemnation and corruption. Have mercy, as I submit myself to You, as a living sacrifice. Have mercy and continue to transform me, by the renewing of my mind. (Romans 12:1-2) Fit me with Your holiness and purity— defend me from all assaults against my heart by the world, the flesh and the Devil.  Today, make me more like You, Jesus: Transform me to be the savory salt of the earth to put savor into unsavory lives.  Light me up, and let me shine for You so that people living in darkness, who are looking for the light, would be drawn to the light in me and find You Jesus as their Lord and Savior. (See Matthew 5:13-14, John 8:12 and Romans 3:20-25)
THE BELT OF TRUTH
Picture shows a British soldier wearing an Osprey MK4 armor carrier.
Every Vital Body Part Is Protected.
I gratefully wear and put on the belt of truth. By Your grace and Holy Power, I choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Reveal to me all Your biblical truths I so desperately need today. Expose the lies I may be believing of which I may not even be aware. In Jesus name, I renounce any lie that is contrary to You, Jesus, or The Word or The Holy Spirit. By the Almighty Power of God, that God gives to all who believe (Ephesians 1:19-23)  I bring into captivity any thought that robs me or anyone of our freedom in Christ.  I bind it up and cast it out and demolish it In Jesus Name.  (See 2 Corinthians 10-4-5)
THE BOOTS OF READINESS
Image result for Show me pictures of Combat boots used today
I intentionally, by faith, put on the boots that make me ready for walking with You in The Gospel of Peace. Show me where You are working today and every day, and lead me to that place.  Please, lead me in the paths of righteousness for your name sake. Please lead me in the straight and narrow way. Help me see what You bless and are blessing. Please, Lord, I really want to join You wherever Your blessings are going on. Do not let me become slack in my walk, but let me live vitally, one day at a time, for Your glory and honor.
THE SHIELD OF FAITH:
Image result for Shields used by American soldiers
I believe in You Lord: I now continue my grasp to The Shield of Faith. I choose, by Your grace and power, to overcome any vestige of unbelief that the World, the flesh or The Devil would deceitfully send my way. Grant to me the GIFT of FAITH, and any spiritual gift you would give me, in order that I will walk  faithfully and follow You by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7). I cling to You Dear God because You are my only true refuge and You are my strength.  (See Psalm 46:1)
THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT:
Image result for show me a picture of a modern rifle with a bayonet
I take up The Sword of The Spirit, which is The Word of God. And this Word is living, powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword. (See Hebrews 4:12.) I choose to walk in THE truth, talk in THE TRUTH and live in The TRUTH of Your Holy Word.  The World, The Flesh and The Devil may claim to have “A” truth which they say everyone has; however, I renounce such a lie in Jesus Name! I bring deceitful thoughts captive in obedience to Christ, and I announce THE TRUTH which is Jesus (John 14:6.) I announce The Truth is The Word of God (John 17:17.) I announce The Truth is The Holy Spirit (John 16: 13) Anything contrary to the truth of Jesus, The Word of God, and The Holy Spirit is NO truth at all. Dear Lord, show me specifically today the truths of  Jesus, the Word of God, and The Holy Spirit that I will need any order to counter the snares of the enemy, bring the lies captive and demolish or destroy them.
PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT WITH ALL KINDS OF PRAYERS:
Holy Spirit, I agree to walk in step with You today.  I open up my heart to do so. (Galatians 5:16-26.) I also pray for all the people of God locally, in our community, throughout the U.S., and around the World.  Have mercy and flow through us with the same resurrection power You give to ALL who believe in Jesus. Yes, fill us with that same power, Holy Spirit, that You exerted when you raised Jesus from the dead, giving Him ALL authority and power, and which You impart to us as well. (See Ephesians 1:19-23.) I renounce any lie that says this power does not belong to me nor the people of God.  I announce the truth that You give this power to all God’s people including Image result for show me a picture of modern american soldiers prayingme.  I receive this wonderful powerful grace afresh right now by faith.
Make all of us, who are Your people, fearless.  For you do NOT give to us the spirit of fear.  You give to us POWER, LOVE and A Sound Mind. I submit to God. I resist the Devil, and I say to the Devil and all his evil ones, In Jesus name, be bound to silence!  The Lord Rebuke You!  Leave my presence and the presence of my loved ones! Leave my church alone! Now, Holy Spirit give to each and every one of us --who are Your people – and Ambassadors of Christ -  the very words we need to fearlessly and lovingly shine Your light, share Your living water, the Bread of Life and or The Gospel of Peace.
In Jesus Name, I pray.
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS