Knowing God Better

May God fill you with The Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation that you may know HIM better.
Paul

     When I read this simple little prayer verse, it tells me just how much God can communicate in just a handful of words, and what is being hoped for in this prayer,  in your life and mine,  is the desire that we  know God better. So we have an amazing truth that God empowers you and me to know HIM better when a prayer is offered up for us to indeed know God better; therefore  Paul is offering this prayer up.  And he is offering it for God's holy people. He is offering for future generations of the Church.  He is offering for you and me.

     So, I am wondering when was the last time any of us prayed for anyone, anywhere and anytime to know God better.  I have to confess I pray this just about every single day.  I pray it for my wife.  I pray it for each of my children and their spouses.  I pray it for my grandchildren and their spouses whom I do not yet know. Any one of my friends or acquaintances, who have asked me to pray for them, have this included as a part of my prayers for them. I pray it for all my brothers and sisters and their entire families. The list goes on and on. It is a habit or spiritual ritual of mine. Any fellow Christian I have served as a Chaplain or Pastor is the target of this prayer.  I do this because it is important for me to pray this prayer for each of these whom I mentioned and more.

     What makes this an important prayer?  The answer to this question comes in the form of another question: What could be more important than knowing God better?  I doubt very few other things rank as highly as the importance of having a prayer answered that requests a greater intimacy with the Creator. It is for certain that we have a lot to learn in this area.  Knowing God brings about out the best in each one of us.  Knowing God better each new day greatly opens up the windows of grace into our heart.  

    It really is life changing:  It is life changing to have God's Holy Spirit.  It is life changing that this same Holy spirit will empower us to know God better. Notice accompanying this Spirit and knowledge is a very powerful and important gift from the Heavenly dimensions.  We know that the three greatest are Faith, Hope and Love with the greatest of these three being Love; however, there is another gift that the entire book of proverbs reveals is right up close with the "big three" which also come from the Holy Spirit. This gift is more than knowledge.  It is the application of God's holy knowledge.  This gift is the gift of Wisdom.

    Therefore, one final powerful truth that comes from the answering of this prayer is that, when God does indeed answer it, He gives us spiritual power.  He reveals more about who He is, He makes Himself more intimate with the target of the prayer.  He helps us to know more about Him.  AND he gives us Wisdom on how to walk out our faith in Christ by applying God's knowledge through the Holy Spirit's power.

    Let me challenge you to take to take this very short but life changing prayer request, and make it a spiritual practice for everyday living.  You will indeed be blessed today, especially 2day, if you do.

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS