Crucified Living Christ Follower

I have been crucified with Christ; nevertheless, I live. Yet not I , but it is Christ Jesus who lives within me. For the life that I live in this body, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

      Something supernatural happened to all who follow Jesus.  We were all crucified with him, individually and collectively.  Many have read Galatians 2:20, and have said to themselves, "I sure wish I was the kind of person who can honestly say that."  Well you can be and are that kind of person: Paul is NOT saying that "it's as if I were crucified with Christ." He is actually saying this is what happened to you and me when Jesus died on the cross.  We didn't make it happen.  God did, and we benefitted from God in action. Just as the two thieves or zealots were there next to Jesus on the day of his crucifixion, so was every other person who believes in him.   And like one of those thieves we have a place in paradise with him.  Heaven is a guarantee for the Christ Follower. Living in eternity is a given.

     But more has happened than just getting fire insurance to get us out of hell and get us into heaven: Yes, we are already crucified.  All our sins are forgiven.  The record of every single one of our sins has been wiped clean. In addition to this, we are given new life.  No we don't just exist and muddle through. Our spirits that died because of sin were resurrected in Christ. That part of us that makes us conscious of God has come to life and we can now fellowship daily with God. We are not experiencing a religion.  We are experiencing a relationship.  All this kicks into action when we, by faith, take the action to believe in Jesus as the Son of God.  Notice though that it is not our faith that makes all this happen.  It is the "faith of the Son of God who loves us and gave himself for us." 

Celebrate your Crucified Resurrected Life Today and  Each New Day...
Then Be blessed 2day...especially today.
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS