Never Alone

I Will Pray To The Father
And HE Will Give You Another Comforter.
He Will Abide With You Forever.
Jesus

     Sometimes, people feel alone or are  lonely even when in a crowd.  It could be because it is just their way of living through the journey.  It could be that it's "how they roll." They may have grown up in less than a functional family or situation.  So the survivor in them taught them to isolate. Which is not the same as to practice solitude; yet all to often loneliness can surprise you.  It can sneak up on you.  You can have loved ones all around, and you might even be in a crowd, but a darkness can envelop you.  

     Jesus gives you hope in situations like this.  Practicing being lonely for survival or being lonely by surprise, usually results in us focusing on the darkness, the feeling bad and we then might just put ourselves down for feeling as such.  Keep in mind, if this happens, that feelings ARE NOT reality, but they are symptoms of our thoughts (or maybe other things.) If I do what is called "stinking thinking," I will do  "stinking feelings."  For feelings tend to follow our thoughts. Noble thoughts, as Paul would call them, tend to change our feelings in a more positive way; therefore Jesus hope, in this,  is found in the promise.

    So try out a spiritual practice:  Think about this promise that Jesus gives us in this blog.  It's a promise that he prayed for us.  In another place He is "ever intercedes for us."  That is, in Heaven he is still praying for us.  He prayed for the Holy Spirit to come, and the Holy Spirit eventually came.  Now the Holy Spirit is here to abide with you today and forever.  So practice being still.  Practice asking Jesus to pray for you, especially about your loneliness.  Pray to the Holy Spirit to be near you and comfort you.

    I know that just today, I have allowed myself to become discombobulated.  I allowed myself to let my mind stay so busy that I am missing the quiet.  So pray with me today.  Ask Jesus to pray for you and me.  Ask the Holy Spirit to do the same, and then spend some time abiding with the Lord.  Then you will be ...

Blessed 2day
Especially Today.

SoJourner

https://www.createspace.com/5578028


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS