Lifting Up Jesus and Loving It.

       Recently I published a book. You can click on it's innards in this blog today, if you want to.  And if you don't, that's okay. The book's title is Rock Solid Living in a Quicksand World.  By the way, this is a very short book, and it is easy to read.  You do not have slog your way though some huge several hundred page boring narrative.  Why do such a thing?  Writing by itself is challenging.  Editing and re-editing, multiple times, working with those editors, especially one who clearly did and does not like my message, is also a struggle.  Most of them are really good, but that one clearly wants me to change what I was saying.  So I had to fire her. Doing such a thing is NOT in my nature, and it hurts me in my heart when I make those kind of difficult choices. My choice was and IS to honor Christ, or  I could simply let her influence my message in a negative way.  At any rate, this experience was and is a difficult process for a novice writer like me.  My answer to you, as to why I wrote this book, is simple: I wrote it because God told me to write it!



     You see, I decided to follow Jesus back in the summer of 1968, and He put me in ministry almost immediately.  I preached all over The North Alabama Conference of The United Methodist Church, and by my present stage in life, I have represented Him all over the northern hemisphere of Planet Earth.  For a child who, growing up in New Castle, Alabama, never wanted to leave Newcastle, God amazed me as HE developed the topic, subject, message and or theme of my SoJourn.  I certainly never planned to travel all over a large portion of the world. The theme during the past, and even today, includes: Lifting Up Jesus and Loving It! Finding Freedom IN Christ and Sharing it! AND I dreamed and still do Dream The Creator's Dreams, and then I watch Him make them happen! It has been, and still is my distinct honor to be one of THE Ambassadors of Christ. I am a Minister of Reconciliation who has been thoroughly blessed to experience Christ's loving and powerful Ministry of Reconciliation to my family and me. If you don't know Jesus, I implore you be reconciled to God. I want you to have a rock solid life, and I certainly do not want you,or anyone you love,  to wind up in a VERY REAL place called HELL! Please place your life in the hands of a loving Creator who sent His Son to be your Saviour. Put your faith in Jesus.


     I use to know a lot of people who dreamed and sojourned with a godly theme as their foundation, but something has happened that is tearing down our culture. Those who are taking their calling seriously are dwindling in number. As a result, the foundations of America -- and a whole lot of the world -- are cracking and crumbling.  That which made us great and exceptional is being taken down from within:  Like many other great cultures, these whose ruins are merely being  viewed by tourists, though they were once great and mighty, are now crumbling into to the historical dust of that which  was but nevermore shall be. AND their end is quickly becoming our present day reality.

     Therefore, I have been led to Lift Up Jesus because I LOVE IT one more time.  I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to look at Jesus and His teachings differently from others.  I take Jesus at His Word, and at the end of the "Sermon on the Mount, " I  look backward from His place on a Rock Solid foundation of His teaching.  And I examine exactly what He teaches us, one stepping stone at a time.  I walk any readers who would dare go there with me "back to the future" way of living. In other words,  I lead you backwards through Jesus rock solid teachings to see how to have a genuinely eternal and present bless-ed life's  future before it is too late. 


     Please pray: I really need your prayers today.  I need you to please pray for me that I will hear the Holy Spirit's guidance on how to make this book available to as many people as possible.  Self publishing is expensive, and there is a science to selling books. I still have a lot to learn. God give me grace to do so. I am learning little by little, but I am nowhere near where I need to be. The learning curve is tremendous.  Pray for those who are already ordering the book.  Pray that they will truly acquire the footing for each one's life that will empower them to truly live, both now and in eternity. 

     Pass the word:  If you are truly a Christ-Follower, you know full well that our nation, and our culture are own the verge of collapse.  The values taught us, in the Bible, and the values established by our ancestors, are being eroded intentionally, nationally and internationally.   And they are being eroded by our religious leaders, our political leaders, our activist judges, and those who are violating their Hippocratic Oath as medical people to "do no harm." Additionally, the news media is driving the new lies of our culture. In the early sixties, prayer and bible reading were taken out of the schools, where I received much of my spiritual base. Secularist are filling the vacuum left by the retreat of the sacred. Churches are not speaking out while our culture collapses. Some, if they are not silent, are actually joining the sinfulness of the secularist, like wolves wearing sheep's clothing. OR they, for the most part,  are behind the safety of the doors of their fortresses we call church buildings. They don't "want to make any waves." It is time for us to Lift Up Jesus! It's time to regain our Freedom in Christ!  It's time for us to dream again, in godly ways so that God Will Make our Dreams that He gives us Happen.  It is time to have: Rock-Solid Living in a Quicksand World.



SoJourner
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS