The Magnetism of Jesus: John 12:32

And I, if I am lifted up from the earth,
I will draw all people to myself.
Jesus

          Jesus had just worked a wonderful miracle.  He raised Lazarus from the dead.  He had just ridden a borrowed donkey through the streets of Jerusalem. Crowds celebrated him.  Mary and Martha (I suspect Martha did most of the work) had prepared a dinner in his honor.  Crowds from all over flocked to him by the thousands.  Religious leaders were stymied by his popularity, and they really wanted to kill both Lazarus and Jesus in hopes of toning down the Jesus fervor.  But they were VERY wrong. Persecuting him, punishing him, crucifying him would not damp down the power of God.  It would ignite a fire that would circle the globe.

     Jesus observed all the goings on, including the behavior of the religious leaders, and he began to speak of his death on the Cross and the impact it would have.  He looked around, and in the midst of the festivities he said, "If I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself."  I know that the natural mind does not grasp this, but the Word of God is clear, and experience bears it out.  Plans, programs, ministry and popular evangelism strategies do not draw people out of the Kingdom of Darkness into The Kingdom of light.  One thing, and one thing alone, draws people to Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Over two thousand years later it is still true:  Lift up Jesus.  Lift up his death on the Cross, his burial and his resurrection from the dead.  Talk about his condemnation bringing salvation, and those living in darkness looking for the light will be drawn to him.

     Over the years of my ministry, I publicly declared a simple mission statement that I shared, and which brought "success" in ministry.  What was that mission statement?  It is one inspired by this quotable quote of Jesus.  It is one that unleashes the magnetic Holy Spirit power of ministry, and it is this:  "Lift up Jesus and love it!  Find freedom in Christ and share it!  Dream God's dreams and watch Him make them happen!" It is uncanny what the Almighty will do in the life of a person who wishes to truly be the Ambassador of Christ when they practice magnetic ministry.

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS