Jesus Quotes: HERE I AM!

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with them and them with me.
Jesus: Revelation 3:20

     Jesus had been revealing "The Revelation of Jesus Christ," which was one big revelation He gave to John.  It's not the book of "Revelations" as many like to say here in the USA.  It is The Revelation of Jesus Christ. At any rate, He had just finished speaking to the seven churches in Asia, and the last one to whom He spoke, He discussed with them about the problem of their wealth and self sufficiency.  He was not too happy with them either. It's not that having wealth is somehow wrong. Their problem was that the wealth had them.  It owned them.  It was like a God to them.  John reports they seemed to believe they were in need of nothing. So,  He was disciplining them and loving them by telling them what they needed to hear not what they wanted to hear.  He actually told them that while they thought they were okay, He was made sick by what they did.  They were not "hot" in their faith.  The were not "cold" in their faith.  They were lukewarm.  It actually made Him want to vomit.  YUK! 

     Nevertheless, He had not given up on them, and so He offered them a chance to change.  He offered them a chance to get their lives on track.  He gave this invitation:  It's like He is saying to them "LOOK AT ME! I am standing right here in front of you!  I am knocking and asking you to open up your heart to me!  Don't be lukewarm!  Open up and let me into your lives!  Listen!  If you hear me, I will enter into sweet fellowship with you.  And you will have fellowship with me!"  He promises them much more.  He goes on to say, "If you overcome, I will will give you the right to sit near my Father's throne just as the Father gave me the right to sit next to Him because I overcame!" Then he closes with "He who has ears to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." Yes, not giving up, He spoke hard words, harsh words, merciful words and the words from the mouth of a loving God.

     Over the decades, I have heard this passage quoted,  at the end of a sermon,  inviting people to come and know Christ.  I actually preached it that Christ was standing at their hearts doors, knocking, and he wanted us -- the only ones who could open the door because the knob was inside -- to open up so He could enter our lives for the very first time; however, this passage was written to people who already claimed Christ.  It was written so that we would not be focused on living independent of God. It was written so our wealth would not make us so self sufficient. It was written so that daily each child of God would invite Jesus into their lives.  There is no room for self sufficiency or living independent of God, if we daily intentionally listen for the wooing of the Holy Spirit on our hearts and lives. 

     Here is something to think about:  First, I am not saying you have to get "saved" everyday.  I am saying, you are making a huge mistake in your spiritual journey rarely thinking about or rarely being in conversation with the one who saves your very soul. So , secondly, when you wake up in the morning to start a new day, give the Savior a "Good Morning Lord!"  I actually think, He wants to have breakfast with you. I really do believe He wants to have lunch with you.  Guess what, He wants to have dinner with you.  He wants to walk with you throughout the day and night, and watch over you as you sleep.  He is calling you and me, children of God, to be intimate with Him.  He is calling us to not be religious, but He is calling us to be in relationship with Him each new day.  This is not a matter of "going to church."  It is rather being the Church, which is the Body of Christ. One thing is for certain, if you purposely take Jesus by the hand each day, you are going to be in fellowship every step of the way.  Please hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches.  Please hear what the Spirit is saying to you.

And Be Blessed 2day ... Especially Today.
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS