Top Jesus Quotes: He Lights Up Your Life

Matthew 5:14a

You are the light of the world...

     As we discussed in the last blog,  Jesus has told us that He is the light of the world, and if we follow Him, we will not walk in darkness, but that we will be embodied with His Holy Light. We don't need to seek enlightenment, we have it.  Now, it seems He is taking us deeper.  Now we not only HAVE His light by following Him, we ARE the light of the entire world. This means everything about us is built for shining out into the world, as His Holy Glow. If you read on in Matthew 5:14 and following, you will find we can cover this up.  Or we can intentionally shine on.
     
     How can we shine?  My spiritual practice is to, the first thing every morning, take the time to put on the armor of God so as to "be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." I sometimes even ask Him to "light me up."  You see, I don't want my light covered up.  And as a flash light cannot shine without an inner source of power making it work, I sincerely seek the light of Jesus to shine brightly from the inside out.  I sincerely want God to give me daily "Divine Intersections" with those who are seeking God's light.  This usually happens, but this also causes me to intersect with those who are not looking for the light but who "love darkness more than light." 

     The end result of surrendering to shine, puts me in a place of opportunity to share my beloved Savior with those who seek Him. It will do the same for you, Christ-Follower.  It also puts me in a place where darkness seekers will dislike me or even seem to hate me for no reason.   The same will be true for you. This puts me in good company with Jesus.  What better company can we keep? 

May God give you and me the supernatural grace to experience Divine Intersections today and everyday He gives us breath.  May God turn on our lights, and may we not cover up the Holy Glow from the Holy Ghost. May we be empowered with the ability to shine on sisters and brothers, and let God take care of the outcome.

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS