When

Did You Last Ask Jesus To Pray For You?

Therefore, HE is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Hebrews 7:25

     The Holy People of God are made so because the Savior "completely" saves us:  HE redeems us and forgives EVERY sin ... past, present and future. (Hebrews 9:12) HE sanctifies us or makes us holy.  That is HE sets us apart for HIS holy use. (Hebrews 10:10) AND HE makes us perfect in God's sight. (Hebrews 10:14 NIV.) Given all this is true, you can see why the Hebrew writer calls this being saved "completely;" yet, in this passage,  people tend to miss one highly important truth that needs to stand out for us, because an important spiritual practice is not practiced.

     What are you talking about SoJourner? I am talking about what the above passages says that Jesus "always lives to" do on our behalf.  Did you get that?  HE A-L-W-A-Y-S does something.  What is that.  HE ALWAYS lives to pray for us... Always.  So, Jesus rose from the dead to pray for us?  YUP!  That is exactly what the Bible says, and it is on target for what I am saying.  He arose from the grave, and because "He lives" we also have the power to live! BUT there is something in his mission statement that all too many are missing. HE is fulfilling HIS responsibilities as  our Great High Priest in the Heavenly dimension and one very key part of HIS mission statement is to be our own personal Prayer Warrior.

     So here is a question for you:   When was the last time you asked Jesus to specifically pray for you?  I know we ask our family and friends to pray for us. We ask our Pastors and our Counselors to pray for us.  I know we go on twitter and tweet out our hunger for prayer intervention.  And on Facebook, I receive many prayer requests for Spiritual needs, emotional needs, relational needs, financial needs and of course physical needs. But I hope you are getting this that Jesus has as a part of HIS core identity to ALWAYS be ready to pray for you.

     I know it's easy to think, will HE really do this for me?  Does Jesus actually think enough of me to offer up the most sacred and Holy prayers that can be offered on our behalf? Will HE do so on MY behalf? I am telling you that, while it is not the ONLY thing the Savior is doing, HE is definitely ready, willing and able to -- in some miraculous and mysterious way -- represent you and me, and offer us and our brokenness to the Heavenly Father (in company with The Holy Spirit.) HE IS INDEED ALWAYS ready to do so.

    So here is your challenge. I really want you to consider this carefully.  What kind of things do you want the Father and Jesus to be discussing on your behalf?  In what kind of discussion do you want the Holy Spirit to share with Jesus and the Father concerning you? The Holy Spirit also intercedes. Don't you see? (Romans 8:26-27.)  All you have to do is "groan" even when you have no words. (Romans 8:27.)And we may groan because the pain is so very real and we have no words. 

     Let me challenge you this way.  Pray this, say this or simply groan this: "Jesus pray for me!  Holy Spirit intercede for me! I need all my family, friends, associates and neighbors to pray for me LORD, but the most important ONE who can pray for me in ways they cannot pray is the one I need praying for me right now!  I cast all my cares on you, O LORD!  I believe you care for me."  Then share with the good LORD exactly what you would like HE and The Holy Spirit to talk about with The Heavenly Father, as they have the most Holy Heavenly discussions in existence today... discussions about your journey and your life.  He loves you as you may well know.

     Practice this spiritual practice as a matter of habit, and then your will be ...

Blessed 2day ... Especially Today!

SoJourner





    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS