Some Of My Favorites

Some of My Favorite Verses
 
YOU CAN DO IT!
 
I can do all things through Christ who provides me strength.
Philippians 4:13
 
     Today is a new day and it is jam packed with opportunities to "be."  The problem is when many of us think about the challenges ahead, we begin to feel insecure.  From where is that insecurity coming?  Now that's a good question.  Answer it, and we might just take hold of that for which Christ has taken hold of us and then press on.
 
     I think part of the insecurity is where we are placing our focus:  It just might be that our locus of focus is more on the problem than it is on the ONE who might just solve the problem.  My British Mum use to remind me "I can't cannot do anything." If you focus, even on the possibility that you cannot, there is a real good change you will not.  Therefore during such times it is a good time to admit to the Almighty the truth.: "I believe, Lord!  Help me overcome my unbelief."
 
     I have accomplished way more in my life than I had ever dreamed possible.  I have represented my Lord as a "An Ambassador for Christ" all over the northern hemisphere.  I have gone places, seen things and overcome a good deal of character flaws, brokenness and pain. I preached in some exciting places with amazing results.  Wisdom has flowed through me like a river, in counseling sessions, that was/is supernatural!  I have had the privilege of being God's participant in the transformation of  literally hundreds of people...... But ..... I did NOT do these things at all.
 
     Wait a minute:  How can you say, SoJourner, you did all these things, and then in the next breath say "I did not do them."  Either you did do these things or you did not do these things.  You cannot both do and not do something.  Right?  No.  That is NOT right. I can absolutely not do something that I have done.  What?  Are you crazy?
 
 
   Well, I may be a bit crazy, but I think I can explain this:  Jesus made it very clear in John 15, "Apart from me, you can do no-thing."  He said this in the context of what I call the Prime Parable.  Accomplish this parable and the ability to overcome will become more likely.  I cannot do anything apart from the transforming define essence of Christ and His Holy Spirit flowing through me.  Your relationship and my relationship to Christ Jesus and our Heavenly Father and The Holy Spirit is like that of a branch connected to a vine.  The branches of a vine are successful, productive and or "fruitful"  not by all the busyness of doing things.  The branches are fruitful by relying on the vines essence and life to flow and grow through them.  Break away from the vine, and the branch will be non productive.   The branch has no right to say it accomplished anything apart from the vine... that is if a vine could talk.     :+)  :+()
 
   Your ability/my ability to be successful, fruitful and productive are not something we make happen.  Our ability to represent our Lord in life and ministry is found in our ability to  simply be in relationship with God through the Lord Jesus who is the Christ. So, in essence, I don't do what I do, but I do what I do because of what this favorite promise of mine says:  "I can do all things through Christ who provides me strength." I do what I do because I am IN CHRIST and HE is IN me.  In that daily relationship HE produces the fruit and gifts of my life.  These in turn impact on the world "out there."  Not because of me, but perhaps in spite of me.
 
     God wants us to succeed at what He calls us to be and do; however, success in representing Him does not come from mere human frailties and abilities.  Success comes from surrender.  And it particularly comes from surrendering to Him through faith in Jesus ... one day at a time.   It comes, not from taking off and going to work and then asking him to bless what we do. It comes from seeing God in action, hearing his call, and working in the place He is blessing and to which he is calling.
 
   God can do some really extraordinary things through ordinary people.  He can do those extraordinary things through you and through me.  And He does those miraculous transformational feats through Christ who strengthens you and me us and we.  In Jesus Name.
 
 
Go On Out And Be Blessed Today
Especially 2day
The Only Guaranteed
Day.
 
 
SoJourner
 
 
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS