Blessing and Testing

 
God blesses the people who patiently
endure testing.
Afterwards, they will receive
The Crown of Life
That
God has promised to those
who love Him.
James 1:12
 
     It does not take a person of any wisdom at all to figure out, if you live long enough, that each one of us is going to face some challenges:  Spiritual Challenges, Emotional Challenges, Relational Challenges, Financial Challenges and Physical Challenges are common place, and their is no getting around it.
 
     The question is how do we face these challenges head on?  We could try to do so in our own strength.  We could do so without reaching out to others. We could blame God and others for allowing such activities to occur.  We could look at the challenge from an entirely earthy point of view or we could live in such a way that that there would be a blessing as a result of the testing.
 
     Looking for the blessing in the testing is something I am asking God to help me do.  This means that I will look to God the first sign of the test coming on.  This means I would call out to my loved ones to help me.  It means I would look to  my brothers and sisters (not only biological ones, but it would not hurt to include them) for help and prayers.  This means I would seek God's grace to be able to love Him through it all.  And it means  I would seek a more heavenly view; then I can see that none of what I am facing is too big for God to help me with. I think this is what is meant by "patiently enduring" testing.
 
 
    Consequently, when we/I patiently endure there, is offered for you and me and eternal promise. (There is that heavenly view again.)  The promise that is offered is one where we are crowned with life.  I don't know about you, but I think that this would be the better plan of action when facing daily challenges.  Seek the blessing in the testing,  and the testing will have more meaning, purpose and hope.  You might even see the very hand of God working in your life.
 
 
 
SoJourner
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS