The Shape of A God Brain

If you believe in something, there is a good chance you will move toward creating, recreating or simply making it happen.  An ancient wisdom writer once said, "As a man thinks in his heart so is he."  I suppose, if the writer were more modern that one would say, " If its dominating your gut, you won't be in a rut, but you will live it out there for everyone to see?"
 
Now why am I telling y'all this?  I am telling y'all this because I want to tell y'all this; however, there is a bit more motivating my scribal articulation.  I am telling y'all this because I have been struggling, since serving in the U.S. Military, with some anxiety issues... they actually caused or contributed to yours truly having 3 heart attacks.  Needless to say, those years of service impacted my brain.  And not only did they do so, but ... in time... God taught me how to develop ways, founded on Biblical Spirituality, that calmed down that hurricane in my head and has helped me to help others.  I call the Spiritual Device that helps make this happen "The Wisdom Wheel."
 
Now, I have not talked much about that here. As a matter of fact, I am not going to talk much about it here today.  But it was always in the back of my mind.  And, not only was it in the back of my mind, I kind of wondered, "What in the name of all that is Holy makes this spiritual tool work?" Well, I am learning that there are a scientifically sound reasons why it works... brain scans validate it. And since this has been in the back of my mind, has come forward to the front of my mind and can be validated... scientifically speaking...  I wanted to share with you the name of a good read that can change your life and that  might just help you cope better with stress and understand how to be less anxious.  It will more importantly give  you good info on how to be more peaceful.
 
The book is entitled The God Shaped Brain:  How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life. The author is a Psychiatrist Dr. Timothy R. Jennings, M.D.,  who is doing some ground breaking work with his patients.  In some cases he is actually helping move his patients from psychotropic drugs to a spiritual means of becoming more Spiritually-Psycho/Socially healthy. The book has some slow reading at first, when Dr. J discusses the science behind the God Shaped Brain; however, once you grasp the concepts he has set forth, well you will be learning a whole lot about how your view of God really does impact your psychiatric/psychological homeostasis or lack thereof.
 
Oh well.  Why not go on out and buy it, and you will see what I mean.  One thing, of which I am fairly certain, is that buying this book and reading it will help move you to be...
 
Blessed 2day.
Especially 2day
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS