A Friend Counselor Savior

 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
 Jesus
 
I was just thinking about friendship, and it occurred to me that I can probably count on one hand those people with whom I would confide my story.  I can count on one hand the people with whom I would provide the title of my friend.
 
Oh there are people with whom I am friendly and, towards me, they are friendly.  Yet we are not friends. There are people who have gotten really close.  There are even people who think of me as a friend because of all I have given to them; yet I have no sense that I am indeed their friend. In fact, if I needed them, I am fairly certain I could not rely on them in anyway that they have relied on me.
 
I guess this is why I am kind of amazed when I hear Jesus telling us that He considers Christ Followers as His "friends." He calls us "friends." He demonstrated His friendship by telling us His Father's family secrets.  Whatever He learned from God the Father, He passes on to us.  Even more importantly, He demonstrated the greatest sacrifice of friendship.  As The Word of God says, "Greater love has no one than this... He lays down his life for a friend."  Jesus did indeed do that.  He laid down His life for us.  He took the punishment for our crimes against God and humanity, and He atoned for every single violation.  He paid the fine that was more than we could pay.
 
And His friendship goes much deeper.  He gives us eternal life.  That is He gives us the ability to start sharing with Him in God's life forever... for a long as God lives. He serves as The Wonderful Counselor who invites us to cast all our anxieties on Him because we matter to Him.  He gave up all that was His in the Heavenly place to live among us (God with us) to truly empathize with the human condition so that He really does understand us.  Then He gives us grace and mercy to help us, when we enter into His counseling session (the throne room in heaven) just when we need His wisdom and guidance.
 
Now there is not much that I give back accept to  abide in Him and He with me... Be His Ambassador, shine His light, share His living water, impart the bread of life and provide just the right amount of salt for flavor and savor of those around who need help finding life for their unsavory souls, and He accepts this as what He expects.
 
So I want you all to be as blessed today as I am when considering my absolute best friend in the universe. I hope you know Him up close and personal.  For He really wants to call y-o-u "friend."
 
The old song says it well: "What a friend we have in Jesus.  All our sins and grief to bear.  What a privilege to carry... everything to God in prayer."
 
Therefore, yield yourself to Jesus by faith, one day at a time, and ..
 
You will be blessed 2day... Especially 2day.
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS