To Be Like Jesus: A Prayer


To Be Like Jesus: A Prayer
By: Chaplain Al McGowen, BA, M.Div., BCPC

Lord, Jesus, I come to you in my brokenness and in my pain.
I come to you in hopefulness, as one you call
“born again.”
I come to You for freedom so as to live a life that is free and true.
I come in prayer to You, O Lord, that I might be (today) like You.

Please make me like you in my viewpoint:
How I see, hear, smell, touch and taste…
that facts that would come to me
would come as they do to You,
In my heart’s space.

Make me like You, in my beliefs, opinions, assumptions
and my thoughts too…

Make me like You in my emotions
to feel as you feel
through and through.

Make me like You in my wants,
that Your will and my will would
be intertwined.

Transform me in my being to be like You
in every way, as I hold Your hand…
and You hold mine.

That in my doing, I would do as You would do…
walking in life’s journey as You would have me to.

I pray all this; in Your Holy Name…
Believing You will answer and You care.
I believe You because You answer prayer,
And you want all God’s children to be like You...
Throughout all nations here and everywhere.

Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS