Ways To Build A Holy Conscience In Your Child 2

Number Two
 
 
Teach them to believe in Jesus, as their best friend.
 
I remember putting our children to bed at night with a ritual that was age specific and meaningful for them.  We would talk together for a while, then we we would ask them "Is Jesus Your Friend?" And they would say "Yes." Then we would ask them, "Do you want to pray to Him?" They would say "yes."  Then we would pray: Our child would pray, and then Mom or Daddy would pray... or both. Then we would close with a song that was taught to me by my mother, and which we taught to them... it was a song of blessing.  This is important:  If you want to build a holy conscience, bless your children! Too many people today do the opposite.
 
I remember, also, from the day they were born, that I would sing a song I wrote. Actually I made it up. I don't think I ever put pen to paper. The song has a lot of  bible verses in it.  It especially has John 3:16 in it.  Each time I sang it to them I would put their name where ever the words "the world" were placed, and wherever I could put there name, I would put it in the verse. I use to sit and sing it to them, many times with tears of joy and hope in my eyes, because I wanted them to know and love the same Jesus that I knew/know and love.  I wanted very badly for them to know Jesus from the time they were little bitty children...even infants.
 
Yes, we taught our children that Jesus is the LORD of their lives, but the gospels do record these words, "I no longer call you servants but I call you friends." (Jesus said these words.)  Now I could give you all kinds of ideas about other ways Jesus describes His relationship for us, but nothing can be more important to a child... especially a small child... to know that they really do have a friend in the person who is the Son Of God, and His name is Jesus.  Introduce them to Jesus, worship with them in the way  I described above,  and be sure to convince them of His deep abiding love for them, and He will, in time, become very real to them and  build their consciences in Holy Consciences.
 
One closing set of ideas: When Christ is a daily part of the home, and when children know they are loved by the parents-- and more importantly by Jesus-- getting them into public worship is easier  (especially if the church has a great children's ministry) because they are going to a special place where they meet a special friend by faith.  It is also easier to get them to worship publicly because,  God is revered on a daily basis and not just one day a week.
 
Keep In Mind
Salvation Is Caught
As Well As It It Taught.
 
SOJOURNER


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS