The Appointment

I am a people watcher, and I have watched people journey through life, but they all go to the same appointment. I have seen people from every kind of social strata, and they all found their way to the same appointment. I have observed people of every kind of shape, size and somatic being; yet they too all went to (or go to) the same appointment.  Some of these folks are happy and or down right joyful. While others are regular old "sour pusses."  Again... you guessed it... they ALL go to the same appointment.  I have traveled to lands located around the world, where multiple languages are spoken and where people grow up in different cultures.  BUT all have one thing in common... they go to the same appointment. I know people from different religions and different genders.  Yup! you guessed it... they go to the appointment at  one time or the other.
 
I could keep this up until there is no more "up" to keep.  Here is the point about the primary all inclusive appointment:  It comes from ancient wisdom found in the Holy Bible... "It is appointed unto man once to die... then comes THE judgement."  Indeed... we are all terminal. NO ONE IS EXEMPT.  This old body... and even your body... will wear out. Then we will stand before God.  We will give account for our lives.
 
For some reading this, they hear this as really bad news; however, for those who take John 3:16-18 seriously... this is great, wonderful, fantastic, glorious (you add the adjective) news! Because He lives we shall also live! He has taken our condemnation on himself, and clinging to him sets us free for all eternity!
 
By this point "you get my drift." Let me be blunt:  Get serious about the most serious question that all of us have to ask.  "Am I ready to die."  I am not asking you how you feel about dying.  I am asking about whether or not you take seriously this serious question of the human condition, and I am asking are you taking seriously God's remedy for the human condition... Faith in Jesus who is the Christ.
 
Turn from law breaking to grace taking, believe in the Son of God... Jesus, and if you believe in Him, you will not perish, but you will have eternal life... share in God's very life forever!!!
 
Be Blessed 2day
Especially 2day
 
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS