Political Idolatry: Don't Be A Jack Ass Or A Dumbo

Long long ago... and far far way... when I just started exerting my Constitutional right to vote, I did all I could to be informed and, therefore, hopefully make good choices.  So I registered as a Democrat.  I liked what they said, at the time.  In fact, as time went on, I colored my thinking along this political party line.  Eventually I realized this idolatrous behavior of supporting the party of the Donkey. I stopped it.
 
 
Then...well.....  I did the next best thing.  I did the same dysfunctional thing again expecting a different result.  I registered as a Republican. I liked what they said and I voted accordingly; however, I found myself letting my thinking and voting be colored by whatever this party said.  Yup! I fulfilled the definition of insanity. I repeated what did not previously work,  and I got the same result. I noticed myself be idolatrous about the party of the elephant.
 
Now you may ask, "How is doing what I  did "idolatrous?"  You have asked a good question, and I am so glad you asked because I am going to tell you: One is the party of the Jack Ass, and the other is the party of Dumbo.  Both of these political teams- from time to time- conflict with my Christos Centric (aka Christ Follower) value system. That's why now I neither follow the way of the Jack Ass nor Dumbo.  I have repented. It would have been insane to do otherwise.  I am determined to do all in my powr to follow the way of the Lamb, as in "The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." Anything else is worshipping that which is other than God. Anything else conflicts with "Taking up the Cross and following" Him.
 
Please listen to this: I really believe that I am not the only one out there who made or is making a Jack Ass out of myself.  I just cannot conceive I am the only Christ Follower who has been a real Dumbo.  I cannot  believe that I am the only one who needed (or needs) to repent of such nonsense and seek God's face for guidance... especially during this year when our nation is teetering on the edge of insolvency.
 
My point for my fellow Christ Follower's is this.  Vote the way of The Lamb. Vote the way of The ONE who is THE Way THE Truth and THE life.  Recognize the Almighty has given us a short time on this earth to represent Him here as His Ambassadors for Christ. We may be  American Citizens, but our true Citzenship is Heaven.  Recognize that when our time is up, "We will all stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ and give an account..."  And that includes how we impacted this culture.  Recognize we are loaned this time on earth, just as I /we are given the loan of a vote.
 
 
Figure out what the Lamb wants, and realize He will reveal Himself as THE SHEPHERD of our souls. Let Him "Lead you in the path of righteousness) (the right way) "for His name sake." Yes His integrity is on the line through how well we follow. Don't be a Jack Ass or a Dumbo, follow the Shepherd's way who is The Lamb of God.
 
Do this and Be Blessed 2day
Especially 2day
 
Or you know what you can be instead :o)
 
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS