What About This Traditional/Gay Marriage Debate?

Y'all there has been so much stuff on Face Book, Twitter, Blogs, My Space and other ways of so called connecting that there is more disconnecting going on than actually connecting.  It's kind of sad really:  Folks are in their separate corners, but few are seemingly trying to understand or be understood.   Put simply... folks are arguing  regarding over the differences of opinion regarding what is being termed "Gay Marriage" juxtaposed to  "Traditional Marriage."  I have come to the conclusion that very few are  listening. Here is my feeble attempt to be understood:

Let me tell you my bias:  I believe the Bible.... Now don't shut me down.  I don't believe it the way some think it "should" be believed.  I believe that ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and ALL of us need a Savior.  Because ALL have sinned... oh yeah I all ready said that :o)  Sorry :o).  I also believe in a supernatural power behind this good news that says, in Christ there is both forgiveness and  T R A N S F O R M A T I O N.  I have seen people from all walks of life meet this Savior and be transformed or made "New Creations."  The old stuff has gone and the new has come.  2 Corinthians 5:17.   ANY ONE can have new life.  It is available to anyone.  So I don't hate ANYONE.

I realize there are those who disagree with me.  They say that certain people cannot change.  There are actually those who say that "Gay's" cannot Change.  Yet, literally thousands of people have changed from a homosexual life style.  I have have been a part of some "Gay's" renewal in my own ministry.  I have seen it with my own eyes.  But I don't want to leave it to anecdotal stuff. 

Transformation accompanies forgiveness.  The ancient wisdom of the Holy Scriptures teach this is the Good News!  The whole New Covenant talks all about it. Check out Hebrews  8, 9, 10.   So why do so many in the Church get stuck on the judgement stuff and not the transformation stuff?  Or why do some want forgiveness but not transformation?  Why not quit cursing the darkness and let that little ole light shine?  This inquiring mind wants to know.  The last time I checked...well... Jesus told us to be the Light of the World and NOT the  ones who are called to curse the darkness.

There is emperical proof:  Then too there is the huge success of Reparative Therapy that thousands of folks have found that liberate them, or help them move from same sex attraction to heterosexual attraction.  You rarely find this on the news.   Don't take my word for it.  Simply go to http://www.peoplecanchange.com/    or http://narth.com/    You might need to copy and paste these into your browser to open them.  The folks who operate these sites are compassionate people, many of whom experienced SA's.  They simply want to  offer help to anyone that wants to consider getting help moving away from same sex attraction.  The empirical data is solid.  What these Sojourners and Therapist offer works.  They do not force anyone to accept their help.  They don't condemn those who reject their services. They simply make the offer.

IT IS POLITICAL: However,  those who hold a different view point,  fight tooth and nail against the renewal therapies that has brought great results of freedom and balance. In San Francisco, for example,  atleast one renewal type of therapy has even been made illegal.   Why?  The answer is simple: It is not because the science is bad.  The answer is a political one.   If one person can change then others can change, and that would then throw a wrench in their civil rights movement.  These are the same folks who don't want to have a civil discussion regarding these things.  Go to the sites I have provided and look at these therapies yourselves.

Now why am I opposed to using the word "Marriage"  when talking about two same sex attracted  people being given the same legal status as married couples?  Here is my take on this:  "Marriage" is  the penultimate expression of a Christian's Redemption and Salvation.  This Consummation of Redemption is bought and paid for by the precious blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus who is Christ, God's Anointed One.   This word "Marriage" comes from a HOLY EVENT after Christ completes The Judgement Seat of Christ, where ALL of us must give an account.  This sacred event is called  "The 'MARRIAGE' Supper of The Lamb.'"

So please don't misunderstand my stand:  I do not hate anyone.  I am against no one seeking their rights. I want my rights as well.  God's going to sort it all out who gets in to heaven and who will be judged.   That is NOT my job or calling.  I don't have a need to be any one's judge and jury. Again that is not my job or calling;  however, too use this word "Marriage" to seek legal and civil rights, too me is about as offensive as it gets.  If you truly believe in tolerance, why not choose another word besides "marriage?"  That  is my primary request.  If you truly want to receive respect and tolerance, please give respect and tolerance to those of us who also have words that to us are indeed very  precious.

Most decent folks would never use an "N" word to one of my African American friends because it is highly abusive and unacceptable.  And there are many offensive words that people simply are not using in relationship towards other minorities and or ethnic groups.   So why not just choose another word other than one of our sacred words.  If all someone really wants is their civil rights, then choose another word, please.

Dining With "Sinners." Every single day of my life I care for people who experience same sex attractions.  I do NOT disrespect anyone.  Either the "Golden Rule" applies or it does not.   I don't remember God repealing that rule.   This care I provide  is not a rare occasion. This is almost a daily experience.  So please don't call me a bigot or hater just because I don't agree with some one's life style or opinion... especially if I share the Love of God with them. Some of them have been homeless when I first met them, and I am a part of the team providing them a home, food, clothing and medical care.   The last time I checked bringing someone out of the blazing heat or freezing cold is a loving thing.  If I refused to provide Pastoral Care for someone with SA, then I would not be following in the steps of my Savior who "dined with sinners."  Now I guess folks on the other extreme of this discussion will not be pleased with me???  Oh well, What people think of me is none of my business :o)

Listen carefully please: According to God's Word, and The Good News of The Gospel, all people can be forgiven and be transformed. This is a core value I possess.   I cannot and will not officiate a Marriage or Civil Union for someone who is "gay."  And I would not do so, NOT because I hate anyone.    If I did such a thing, I would deny the Good News of the Gospel that I know for a fact empowers people to share in the very life of God (that's eternal life). In other word, as I have said, The Good News teaches All people can change. 

So what if they cannot change? Such a belief that people cannot change does not even follow logic nor science.  If you do not believe people can (and do change), compare your abilities as you navigate the aging process. As a matter of fact, there is clear data demonstrating that, in many people experiencing sex attraction, the SA may dissipate as a person ages, not unlike the libido dissipating as a heterosexual ages.   Check out www.narth.com ; additonally,  to officiate an same sex  ceremoney denies the authority of God's Word  that defines marriage as being between a woman and a man. So, to respectfully but briefly summarize,  I take my stand compassionately based on daily demonstrated love , forgiveness, transformation/renewal, God's definition of marriage (that has governed our culture for centuries) and the belief that we will all stand before God.... sooner than we expect.

Some who oppose my point of view also oppose the authority of Holy Scripture.   That is their right and point of view. I, however, bet my entire life on it.  And I don't exclude anyone from this transformational opportunity promised by the Word of God.    Please don't ask me to deny the very core of my calling that God reaches out to everyone with the Good News!  Like everyone else, I too have to give an account of my life before God.   And from where I sit, this life is getting REAL short :o) 

Therefore please, those of you who are pushing for your civil rights,  consider that there are Judges, Mayors and other people who can provide you with the legal status you desire. Don't ask the Church, many of us who consider Marriage a Sacrament or sacred event,  to violate core principals that have governed our lives for 2000 +  years.  You want your civil rights?  Go for it.  Just don't tell me my civil rights, that grant me freedom of  speech, are invalid.   And please don't insist my view point is bigoted because I have a different point of view.   And please don't ask me to violate, for me, that which is sacred.   "It ain't gonna happen :o)"

Our lives are like vapor, and they will be over very soon.   We will all stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, and we will one day have our lives come to sudden stop way before we expected.  Life is just too short, and  I am confident God has the final say.

As for me, I hold strongly to these words:

God loves YOU so much
that HE gave is one and only biological Son, Jesus.
That WHO EVER believes in Him,
Will NOT Perish
But you will share in the very life of GOD forever...
Will be transformed everlastingly.

GOD did not send Jesus
into the world to condemn the world.
But He sent Jesus into the world to save it.
This Means You.

Adapted From John 3:16


Invite Jesus into a Supernatural relationship
WITH Y- O- U.

Turn from any passions that have trapped you:

Let Jesus, by Faith,
Be the Eternal Transformer of your life.

Let Him impart His Divine nature to you.
Let Him impart forgiveness
to your very eternal soul.

Let Him, by His Holy Spirit
Give you the power to overcome.

Believe in Him and His power to save  you,
cleanse you,
and make of you
an entirely New Creation!

Then You WILL Be Blessed 2day
And Every Day Both Now And Forever.

With Respect To Yours And You...

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS