Feeling Kind Of Sheepish and Needing Help?

Have you ever felt kind of ... well... sheepish?  I have, and when I think of "that" it does not make me a whole lot proud of myself.  After all being like a sheep means I need some body to look after me, and I know that we  do not like being "taken care of."  Or do we?

What does a sheep need any how?  We need a Shepherd.  And those of us who are Christ Followers know this more than a little bit too well... or something like that???? 

I was thinking about this Cosmos in which we find ourselves.  When I really get right down to the real nitty gritty of it, I realize we are not "all that."  Recently I came to the conclusion that , compared to this ole Universe, we are nothing more than a subatomic microscopic particle that is resting on a microscopic molecule... called the earth, which in turn rotates around a speck in the universe we call the sun...BTW:  This sun is invisible to the naked eye elsewhere in the universe; however and yet, our God created it all, maintains/sustains it all and provides all the logistics (and or supplies) for the whole thing 24/7. And HE knows every part of HIS universe by name. 

Therefore, since He is ALL that, and I am not ALL THAT, I think I can be fairly satisfied with feeling a little weak some times... a little lost sometimes... a little alone sometimes... maybe even a bit afraid....Yep! I just might be a little sheepish at times in this great big ole universe, especially when something does not go the way I want it.

Now, I said all that to give you a challenge today and say all this:  Check out the Good Shepherd's 23rd Psalm sometime.  Read it when you get up.  Read it at breakfast. Read it at lunch.  Read it at dinner.  AND finally read it before you go to bed at night.  Read it slow and easy like... even out loud.  Then sit with it a spell and listen to see what comes to your inner person... especially when you are feeling kind of sheepish.

Don't be surprised that your sheepishness turns into a very good experience, where The God Shepherd  just might bless your life in ways a wandering sheep could never imagine.

Y'all Be Blessed 2day
Especially 2day
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS