Game Playing Spirituality: The Worst Kind Of Spirituality.

Hi Fellow Christ Followers,

I have something I need talk with you about:  I want to talk with you about spiritual game playing and or The Worst Kind of Spirituality.  You can view this on the accompanying videos, but first let's "chew the fat" a bit... That's southern for, "let's have a chat."

I did not believe spirituality, as sung by Joe South decades ago, could have existed.   In fact it use to irritate me a bit to hear his song that talked about this spirituality; yet I enjoyed singing the song.   I still do.  So I got to thinking, How in the world does this song impact me in two such polar opposite ways?  I don't like the message, but I love to sing the song.

As I grew older, I intersected the lives of  people who claim to be spiritual who really like to talk about being "spiritual."  I mean these folks can really "strike a spiritual pose" or  Project Public Personna.  BUT their  P-P-P  is anything BUT spirituality reality.

Jesus had a clear description of these P-P-P...ers.  He called them them people who would call HIM "LORD... LORD," but they will NEVER get into the Kingdom of Heaven. Why?  His answer:  "I never knew you."  He did not say, it was "as if I never knew you."  He said, "I NEVER knew you."  In other words, these folks have, according to Jesus own words, never given their lives to HIM, but they had found out posing could be profitable... much like the religious leaders  and lawyers who gave Jesus such headaches.  This P-P-Ps  becomes self deceived and enslaved as they seek freedom to look good to "man" without being forgiven by God.  The P-P-Ps  goal is to receive the praise of "Man rather than the praise of God," as Jesus said.

Oh don't get me wrong.  Such "Spiritualist" might seem fairly cool, and they may seem like they are really "all that."  A whole lot of folks might just love that persona that these "Spiritualist" put out.  It's just that such spirituality runs the real risk of being counterfeit.  Everyone around may like them a whole lot.  But it is kind of suspicious when just about everyone seems to like a spiritual leader.  Check out what happened to Jesus and you will get my drift.  Everyone really loved him in the circles of the various religious leaders... NOT!

Anyway...  My point is this: Be absolutely sure you have done the main thing. Be sure you keep the main thing the main thing:  Be sure you have turned from your brokeness and sin.  Turn from it and to Jesus.  Give Him your life and believe in him.  The old word Jesus uses for this is "Repentance."  Yup!  The best thing you or I can do is "Repent for the Kingdom of God is near."  If we do this, God will begin to form God's Character in us:   God will begin to produce the Fruit of The Holy Spirit and give us grace to share in HIS life forever... one day at at time.... then our spiritual game playing will begin to come to an end, as new life begins.  

Hope I did not scare you too terribly much today.
Because I Want You To Be Blessed Today
Especially Today

Thanks For The Chat:

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS