Friend

I no longer call you servant.  I call you friend because I have told you everything my Father told me.
Jesus.

Here is something most folks don't get.  Jesus thinks of you, among other things, as his friend.  Now, in the past He called us something less than friend.  He called us servant.  Whew!  That's a far cry from friend.  Servant is like... you know... something just shy of being someone in whom you would confide. 


I don't know about you, but I can count my total number of people whom I call friend on less than my two hands.  Oh sure, I have acquaintances.  I have people with whom I work.  I even have a few folks I think of as Jerks.  But friend????  Now that is something special.


Then again, God does consider those who follow Him as special.  In fact they are special enough to lay down HIS own life for.  Yup!  What a friend we have in Jesus.  Whew!  There is NO greater love than this. 


And now He looks you right in the eye ans calls you friend.  You are indeed special.



Go on out and think about this for a while. 
Go on out and be blessed 2day.
Especially 2day

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS