GPS For Today And The Rest.

If you are led by the Spirit of God, you are are a Child of God.
Paul.

Back in the day, I can remember (when going on trips) I would simply get out ye olde Rand McNally ...AKA  a map.. to plan our route.  As I became a little more... well... sophisticated... I used trip tickets, ordered by my beloved TLOML. These were  sent us by our faithful road protection company,  AAA.  Later I started listening to my "On Star" give me guidance to keep me from getting lost. BUT then I bought me a Droid with a bonified GPS.  I hear you now.... "Progress!" 

The thing about this transition is that, when I did it myself with a map, I rarely ever got lost.  And if I did, I could ask for direction... yes ladies I am a guy who does ask for directions.  The trip tick sometimes took us a hundred miles out of the way... making a 900 mile trip into a thousand.  And On Star made its share of errors.  With the bugs now out of it, GPS serves me well... that is unless I ask for the WRONG location.  OR unless the place I am going is not yet programmed into the Satellite.  But over all I do like GPS.

Still, I have to tell you that sometimes I get REAL anxious listening to that lady's voice, especially if I feel like I am going in circles.

Anyway this GPS has put me to me thinking  about the Holy Spirit today... for my Pentecostal friends that would be Holy Ghost :o)  As I look back over the past 40 plus years, I have learned that this Spirit of the Living God has been faithful to lead me in the right way, even though I sometimes became a little skittish about where I perceived I was going.

Additionally it is REALLY a comfort to, not only know the HOLY SPIRIT leads me.  He also is an indicator of my relationship to the Almighty.  As Paul says in the WORD.... If we are led by the Spirit of God... we are children of God.  Yup! This is a real comforting thought indeed.

Y'all Be Blessed 2day.
Especially 2day.
Take this new year, 2012... 1 step at a time..
1 day at a time...
Take any hardship you see as God's pathway to peace

You will be glad you did.
Where The Spirit Leads You...Follow...
Child of God :o)

SoJourner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS