Veteran's

Veteran's Day here in the good ole USA is rapidly coming on us.  This is a time when we honor our military personnel who have served our Nation wearing the uniform of this Nation with pride. This is a special day for me.  After all I have journeyed through many years of my life wearing uniforms worn by our military for the last 4 decades.  In other words I served in our military throughout a significant chunk of our nation's entire history. How old is the USA again????

Why?  Why would a man give up so much time and space to do such a thing?  I was not a combatant, but I experienced and saw some awfully horrific stuff.  AND no one knows really what I did besides the public persona.

Well I will tell you why?  This nation has a document that says something like this.  "We are endowed by our Creator by certain unalienable rights.... Life... Liberty... AND the pursuit of happiness."  NO other nation has such a document.  Everything about this document smacks of super naturalness.  Historical revisionists try to deny how Christ Followers have had such a huge influence on the forming of this nation, but it makes little difference to me. 

 I made a promise at 19 years of age to my God that I repeated time and time again.  I promised to uphold The Constitution of The United States of America and defend it against ALL enemies... foreign and domestic.  I make this promise today.  I do this because I am a Veteran of The Armed Forces of The United States of America.  I want my wife, children and grandchildren to know that they have freedoms that are unimaginable today in other nations.  Because of this document and because of the willingness of women and men who carried a red, white and blue flag... because of these who sacrificed more than most... we are free!

Please say THANK YOU this week to one of our Veterans.  Go to a parade.  Attend an event.  Shake a hand... BE appreciative.  It is really surprising how these women and men feel when someone says to them.. Thank you.

       Go be blessed 2day... Especially 2day.

                            SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS