Can Homosexuals Be Transformed Or Anyone Else?

I have watched in amazement how the issue of Homosexuality has taken over a whole bunch of discussion in our culture in America.  So much so that, even in the United Methodist Church (Yup! I am a Christ Follower who happens to be a Methodist.) we battle over this issue all the way up to General Conference, where Church policy and polity is made.

Some call folks "haters" who describe this sin as the worst of the worst; meanwhile the name callers who call folks "haters" frame homosexuality as a civil right, and call others "bigots" (Not to mention the afore mentioned "haters") who believe it is sin.

Let me make this clear.  It don't matter what we mere humans decide... PERIOD!  In the end,  we all are going to stand before the Creator. He will most definitely sort all of us out.

So where does the ole SoJourner stand on this.  I believe scripture is clear regarding ALL sin, and it does NOT exclude homosexuality.  I believe that a Savior has come to forgive all sin for those who turn from that sin, and who turn to THE Savior: who forgives, redeems, sanctifies (makes us holy), perfects us, transforms us, gives us access into the holiest place and sprinkles us from evil guilty consciences (See Hebrews 9:12-10:24.)

Traditionally homosexuality has been regarded as sin.... like for over 4000 years or more.

Experiencially I have read the Bible regarding the power of transformation, and I have experienced it myself.  Empirically I have watched people change from homosexuals transform, over a period of time, to overcome this sin that has ensnared them, just as I overcome the various sins that ensnared me. God did it.  God does it.  I just get the benefit, and so can anyone else :o)

So, it's reasonable to me to NOT support the new view that has been  (over the last 5 decades) that says this is a civil right and not a sin.  I do not support the view that rewrote the various DSM's (the Bible of the shrinks :) that seem to change with the culture. I do support the right of homosexuals to reject the transformational reparative therapy, but I sincerely believe everyone who wants to be delivered from this sin should be given every chance possible.

Here is some information for those who might be seeking such help:


My goal as A Christ Follower is for all who read this to be.... 

Blessed 2day... Especially 2day and Every day.
And 2 Experience The
Powerful
Transforming
Grace Of God

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS