The Miracle Of Loving God As God Would Have Us.

Okay.  


Back in the day when I was coming up and learning how to be a Christian, rather than just legalistically do Christian stuff, I had a worry: I worried that when God says "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength,"  I had an inner gnawing that said, "you don't do that... do you?"  Actually it got sorta disconcerting.

Then something happened: I came across a verse that I know I had to have read many times.  After all, I had read the Bible through, and so I had to have passed it along the way.  Anyway, I came across Deuteronomy 30:6, which shouted the miracle I am about to share.  It also let me know that it is not just about TLOML and me.  It is about our children, their children, and so on.

Here it is: "The LORD your God will circumcise your heart, and the hearts of your descendants, so that you will love the LORD your God with all your heart and so that you will live!"

Did you catch that? We are indeed commanded to Love God to the Max, as in totally, y'all.  But it is something we trust God for.  God does the " heart surgery." And while we are trusting HIM for it, we need to be careful to trust this to happen for our descendants.  

The point is we do need to set the example, but we need to turn our families and ourselves daily over to God so that HE will transform our lives to love HIM totally. Claim Deuteronomy 30:6 for your children and all your descendants.  Claim it for yourself.  God is faithful.  Trust HIM by faith, and then let your feelings just be what they are... feelings.

I have seen this happen in our own children.  They are moving toward God everyday of their lives. (Includes spouses in this children thing.) 


Look at Colossians 2:10-11 (KJV). Loosely written it says  You are complete in HIM who is the head of all authority and power, by whom you have been circumcised with a circumcision made with out human hands. This gives you the power to put off the sins of the flesh. It is the circumcision of Christ.  


Yes... this is a God thing today.  Deuternonomy looks forward to what Jesus accomplished, and Colossians speaks of how Jesus fulfilled the Deuteronomy event  by HIS Cross work   :o)

Surrender to these promises today.  Claim them for your "babies" today. Claim them for yourself today,  and then .... 

BE BLESSED 2DAY ... ESPECIALLY 2DAY
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS