Advent: Want Some P.E.A.C.E??? Well Do Ya?

"My peace I leave with you.  My peace I give to you, and it's not the kind of peace the world gives.  So, don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  Jesus

Is there really such a thing?  Can someone leave you or  me peace simply as a gift?  Is there really a peace that you and I can receive or develop that will give us the ability to overcome our troubles and keep our hearts from being "afraid?"  If there is such a thing "I wan't some of dat."  Sorry Carman :oI

All I can tell you is what I have found that works for me:  Guess what?  Here comes the acrostic "Kid" all over again {:0)>


Properly
Expecting that ...
Accepting
Christ
Ends in Eternal living


"Eternal Living?"  What's that?  When the Bible teaches us John 3:16, it tells us we receive "Eternal Life."  From the Greek language, this quite literally is translated "To share in the very life of God."  In other words we have peace (right now) because we daily journey on down the road with God, follow God's way and hold tight to God's promises.  What Promises?


I am talking about promises like the one Jesus gives at the start of this web log:  Check out John 14:1-6 and the following verses to get the full digital 3-D Blu Ray impact of what Jesus is promising.  


Or Check out the spiritual perscription the Apostle Paul gives for coping with anxiety in Phillipians 4:6-8.  A careful, prayerful, reflective view of this promise will give you tools for "surrounding your heart" with peace.  Read the next couple of verses and you will get the GOOD NEWS of having the GOD of Peace living daily in your thoughts and mind. Just be sure you stop the "stinkin thinkin" and replace the thoughts with the type thoughts precribed in these verses.


Try living one day at a time or one moment at a time, as Jesus guides us in the "Sermon on the Mount, (6th Chapter, I think), and see what it does to your emotional well being.


YUP!  You CAN properly expect that accepting Jesus ends in eternal living.


Now go on out and


Be Blessed 2-day ... Especially 2-day !!!
The Past Is The Past.  The Future Is The Future
Today is God's Gift 2 U Called "The Present!"

SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS