Journey Toward Forgiveness

For give us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Jesus Teaching About Prayer: The Forgiveness part

Over the years, a great deal has been written about the forgiveness. Spiritual Directors, Wisdom Writers, Psychologists and Sociologists all agree.  Forgiveness is an important part of being emotionally healthy... or maybe just plain healthy.  One thing is for certain:  Forgiving is hard work, especially when something REALLY bad has happened to you.

Now this blog is not a book.  So, gotta tell you, I can't cover the whole subject.  But I have developed an acrostic of what just might go on in our lives when we intentionally work on forgiving and finding freedom in Christ.  Check it out:

Finally letting go of a wrong done to me.
Opening my heart to the LORD's healing as I let go.
Removing any vestige of revengeful thinking from my heart. .
Giving God back  HIS rightful place of making things right and Getting my life back.
Investing my time with getting well and getting on with living life,
Victory living (focused) instead of focusing on  living as a Victim.
No longer going back to relive the past repeatedly. (I have made up my mind one day at a time.)
Emptying my "gunny sack" of brick like things which weigh me down via surrender and prayer.
Stop allowing victimizer to live "rent free" in my head while he/she doesn't even think about "it."
Severing all ties with obsessing and "awfulizing."


Now remember I told you this is hard work.  And if you try to do it on your own instead of "letting go and letting God" take control, it will be even harder.  Oh well let me invite you to "Get to work." Then...


Be Blessed 2-day... Especially 2-day.
SoJourner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS