Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln: Their Prayer Ideas


During the Civil War a friend of Abraham Lincoln was a visitor at the White House:  "One night I was restless and could not sleep. . . From the private room where the President slept, I heard low tones. Instinctively I wandered in, and there I saw a sight which I have never forgotten. It was the President kneeling before an open Bible. His back was toward me. I shall never forget his prayer: "Oh, Thou God that heard Solomon in the night when he prayed and cried for wisdom, hear me. . . . I cannot guide the affairs of this nation without Thy help. Hear me and save this nation.'"
When the leaders of our country assembled to write the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin proposed that each session be opened with prayer. Franklin said, "I have lived a long time, and the longer I live the more convincing proof I see of this truth--that God governs the affairs of men."
Contrary to our so called humanistic, progressive modern day philosophy presently driving our so called intellectual thought, our nation is great because it was founded upon God's Word and prayer. But today prayer has been replaced by political intrigue, political correctness run amuck, materialism, New Ageism, and a mistaken notion that our private and national affairs can be run without God.
I pray that God would turn us back to our core principles and bless our nation today.
And I pray that God bless you today... especially today... the only day you have

SoJourner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS