Yipes It is Skype!

We live in a world of connection and disconnection.  Some of these connections are delightful and life giving, and others are dyfuntional an problematic.  Yesterday, and a few days before, I connected in ways I have never done with my family.  Vicki and I "rang them up."  That is right.  We opened up my handy dandy little old apple computer, and after we connected, I had before my very eyes those precious grandchildren and children.  As we talked, the picture was so vivid and real that our little granddaughter, Alex wanted "Mac" and me to tickle her feet.  Now they are about 1000 miles away, and yet we could see them face to face in a moment in the twinkling of an eye.  We also got to talk with Grace & Jack and later talked with Zac and Julie.  

The big experiment came when we tried to connect with my Dad in  Alabama (The Birmingham area.)  Usually a phone call with him lasts only a few minutes and he is ready to go. Hi focus is not what it use to be.  His memory has declined.  His speech is slowed, and he simply cannot hear, but this time it was different.   This time he stayed with us, and he grinned from ear to ear the whole time.  My youngest sister, Audrey, was there, and she facilitated the camera on that end.  Some of the staff came into the room and saw us.  Now they might just start up  a new agenda for helping their other elderly patients see their children hundreds of miles away.  Again... it only took a moment... A twinkling of an eye for that which had never happened before to happen to us for the first time.

Now for this to work, the other person on the end of the cyberspace line must be ready and waiting for when we call.  If they are not, there will be no connection.  No seeing each other face to face.

One day Jesus will be coming again.  I do not know the day or the hour, but He will be coming.  It will happen in a moment and in the twinkling of an eye.  Those who are ready and waiting for His "Call"  will see Him face to face and all the loved ones who have gone to heaven.  Those who are not ready and waiting for the call will sadly miss the connection.

God calls you today.  He calls to you everyday.  One day the final call will happen.  The 3 big  questions are:    "Are  you ready? Are you waiting?  Will you answer the call."  If you do, He will "light up your life" and you will be grinning from ear to ear as you see the Lord and all your loved ones face to face.  Make good choices.  Be ready, waiting and connecting.

Be Blessed 2day... Especially 2day.
Al 

Comments

  1. Well put. I use IM and have Skype but have never really used it because I don't have a cam with my PC. Luckily for me god doesn't need any fancy hardware or even a computer to connect the call for us.

    Also on a side not I didn't know you were a grand-dad. How old is she? Grace and Jacks I presume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is 8 years old. She is 3 years old. I concur. Ain't God good?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

American & "Pride"

We Can Be So Much More.

W A T C H O U T ! ! ! JESUS TEACHING ON LEADERS